Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Only 1 Option ?

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

DCB

DCB

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationFL

On the fly (or auto) ISO....huge deal.

Peace

B Grace

B Grace

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
  • Country Flag

I'm also going to say changing ISO on the fly with digital cameras.  Having shot film now for 30-some years it's very nice to be able to "change films" for every shot.  My second choice of the little rangefinder dot in the viewfinder for manual focus confirmation is a distant second.

Stas

Stas

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 436 posts
  • Country Flag
I'm surprised that so many people answered that auto focus is the main. After few weeks of practice manual focus is not a problem. I think that the main is raw format or low level noise on high iso.

BeerBelly

BeerBelly

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationSlovenia

The big seller for me is tracking AF. Also the reason why I switched from Pentax.

K-9

K-9

Jamie

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationNew England

Site Supporter

Accurate exposure. One of the reasons I quickly got rid of my Pentax K20d was that its exposure was painfully inaccurate too many times. Stark contrast from my film Pentax PZ-1p, which was always spot on.

I manually focus a lot and could care less if autofocus was never invented.

morticiaskeeper

morticiaskeeper

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationTewkesbury, Glos
Auto bracketing or continuous shooting.

If I could spec a camera to be built for me, it would have fast RAW continuous shooting, auto bracketing, a decent auto focus (never found a perfect one yet), wifi tethering and a simple wireless flash triggering system.

Don't need any auto exposure, just ISO, shutter, aperture & a Weston Euromaster.

A flash trigger system that works with anything, just like light sensing, but with better range.

I doubt any manufacturer would produce such a basic camera, reducing features doesn't sell gear :-(

TBonz

TBonz

Sportz Guy

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,652 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationOn A Field Somewhere...

Site Supporter

I definitely have to go with digital "film" as the one thing I couldn't live without.  Not having to change or purchase film - let alone the cost / time of processing - allows me much more freedom when shooting.  The cost of cards now is less than the number of images it can hold in just the cost of film.  Even better, when I've saved off the images, I can reuse the card many times!  Tied in with that is the ability to immediately review my pix in camera after I've taken them to see if any adjustment is required.  RAW is tied in with "digital" too.  I love lots of the other features of current cameras, but I lived with manual cameras and a light meter, so I could go back to that...wouldn't want to give up the digital features though...

rockjedi

rockjedi

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts
  • Country Flag
I'd have to say auto focus as most people.

Kenafein

Kenafein

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • Country Flag
Dynamic range.

PrettyCranium

PrettyCranium

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 410 posts
  • Country Flag
Autofocus for me, too, though digital "film" makes a close second.