Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Nikon Movie Editor question

error message

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

Judy Bosco

Judy Bosco

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Country Flag

I shot about 30 minutes of video with my D800 at a wedding last Friday. When I was trying to put them all onto one video, Nikon Movie Editor told me I could not edit them all at once. I broke them down into 4 sections (with 4 videos each) and was able to come  up with 3 larger videos. When I then tried to edit them together, I got an error message stating the files were too large. I have rarely used this feature on my camera so I have no idea why this happened. 

Adam

Adam

Nikon Forums Staff

• Administrators
  • 1,335 posts
  • Country Flag

File systems have trouble dealing with files larger than 4Gb, so you normally have to split them into multiple parts.  The same was probably happening in your software.