Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

New Firmware Updates for some Nikon DSLRs

firmware updates

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Ron

Ron

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,260 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationMagic City

I haven't seen this info posted here so I thought I'd share in case some of you missed it.

The post is from Nikon Rumors because the actual Nikon site is rather ambiguous about which cameras are actually included in this update cycle.  

The updates are to support Nikon Distortion Control Data firmware version 2 which must be installed AFTER you install the general camera firmware update. In other words...

First install the camera firmware update and make sure your camera is functioning normally. 

Then install Distortion Control Data version 2. 

--Ron

deano

deano

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 960 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationColorado USA

Site Supporter

I have a D90.

I have never installed firmware before.  What is the procedure?

Ron

Ron

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 2,260 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationMagic City

Good question, Deano! 

I started a long message to explain it to you but about a quarter of the way through decided that it would be better if I just pointed you to the correct page... which has both the firmware update and a link to a PDF file which explains how to install it. So, rather than take a chance on passing along some incorrect information I'll just point you to that page. Be sure to follow the directions exactly. 

D90 Firmware - A:1.00/ B:1.01

This update is only necessary to run Distortion Control Data 2 which should to be installed separately after the camera's main firmware has been updated. It's not, as far as I can tell, a critical update. If you have any doubts about installing this update yourself, you can have the update performed by a Nikon service center. 

--Ron

deano

deano

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 960 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationColorado USA

Site Supporter

Ron, thanks.  I followed the instructions on the web page and got it done.

Ron

Ron

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 2,260 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationMagic City

Great! And thanks for reporting back.

--Ron

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: firmware, updates