Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Official Photo Contest #12 - "Complementary Colors" (Prizes!)

photo contest

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Adam

Adam

Nikon Forums Staff

• Administrators
  • 1,335 posts
  • Country Flag

Welcome to the official NikonForums.com photo contest for September, 2014!

The theme for this month is "Complementary Colors" and photos taken with any Nikon will quality for the contest. Let your creativity and photographic technique impress us and show us those creative action shots.

Click here to submit

1_Red_20wagon_20wheel_20contest.jpg

Prizes:

• 1st place prize: $50 B&H gift card
  • 2nd place prize: 1-year premium forum account
  • 3rd place: honorable mention and homepage feature

Here's how to enter:

• Go to the gallery category for this contest by clicking here
  • Click on the "upload" button on the right side of the page
  • Click on "browse" and select the file you'd like to upload from your computer (don't change the category or create a personal album)
  • Click on "upload"
  • Click on "review & publish"
  • Add a title, description, and tags for your photo, then click on "finish & publish"

Your photo will then appear in the gallery index.  Submission deadline: September 30, 2014

How will the winners be chosen?

Entries will be accepted through the end of the month.  At that time, the contest gallery will close and a new theme will be posted for the following month.  For two weeks you will be able to rate and comment on the photos in the gallery.  Then, the top 15 photos will become finalists and we'll post a poll in this forum to determine the two winners.  The poll will remain open for a week, meaning that we'll know who the winners are about 3 weeks after the submission deadline.

If you win first place, your B&H gift card will be sent to you via PM/e-mail.  If you're in second place, we'll automatically upgrade your forum account so that you can upload even more pics to the site!  Good luck!

Fine print

There really isn't much to say here, except by entering you agree to allow NikonForums.com to share links to your work via social media channels and publish your work on our homepage if you end up winning.  Note that in order to qualify for this photo contest, your entry must be taken with a Nikon camera.

Limit 1 submission per person.  If you submit multiple photos, you will have until the end of the month to delete all but your final submission.  At the end of the month, if you still have multiple submissions, they will be disqualified and removed from the contest gallery.

Once again, good luck and I hope you enjoy this official photo contest!  Please post any questions you may have in this thread.

Click here to submit

Russ

Russ

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 873 posts
  • Country Flag

Thank goodness you know the difference between complementary and complimentary!  :)

vj4254

vj4254

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Country Flag
  • Locationohio

I am posting in order to have my photo approved for the contest

vj4254

vj4254

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Country Flag
  • Locationohio

I am not sure how to have the restrictions lifted on the photo I entered. I am hoping that by posting this I will be successful with being entered in the Contest

Adam

Adam

Nikon Forums Staff

• Administrators
  • 1,335 posts
  • Country Flag

I am not sure how to have the restrictions lifted on the photo I entered. I am hoping that by posting this I will be successful with being entered in the Contest

I can confirm that your submission was successful.  Voting will begin tomorrow.

Adam

Adam

Nikon Forums Staff

• Administrators
  • 1,335 posts
  • Country Flag

The contest is now closed, and it's time for us to nominate the finalists!

Rate & comment on your favorite submissions in the gallery below:

September, 2014: Complementary Colors - Gallery - NikonForums.com

TimWak

TimWak

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Country Flag
What about team efforts? Such as two or more people working on the same scene. Would they both get prizes?

Adam

Adam

Nikon Forums Staff

• Administrators
  • 1,335 posts
  • Country Flag

What about team efforts? Such as two or more people working on the same scene. Would they both get prizes?

There can only be one winner per contest and the same image can't be entered twice, so you'd have to figure out how to split the prize.

dcbear78

dcbear78

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 701 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationGladstone, Queensland

Wow!!! This competition still going two years on?  :D

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: photo contest