Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Nikon AF NIKKOR 50mm 1:1.4 Lens Please Help

nikkor lens

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

Shutter-Deprived

Shutter-Deprived

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Country Flag

I purchased my D700 off of eBay used back in January, and it came with a lens listed as the Nikon 50mm AF "non D version" lens.

I didn't care about the lens because I wanted to buy the body and purchase a different lens later.

It has Nikon and AF NIKKOR 50mm 1:1.4 text without D or S. I don't know anything about this lens.

Here are pictures of it:

NikonLens.jpg

nikonlens2.jpg

The serial# on it is 2049011

Can anyone please tell me a bit more about this lens?

Thank you!

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,643 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUppsala, Sweden

Site Supporter

It is the first version of Nikon's fast normal with AF, the serial# is in the middle of production, so late 1988 or early 1989.

Optically, it is identical to the AF-D version still in production but it does not transfer distance information to the body. It has a bit of, easily corrected, barrel distortion and vignettes slightly on FX wide open.

Like all fast lenses it is prone to flare when used without a hood, correct for the lens is a HR-2. If one does not like the rubber hood, a HS-9 works nicely too.

It is a screw-drive lens that won't AF on the crippled mount of modern consumer bodies but the AF on a prosumer or pro body is faster than the AF-S version.

All in all, a nice, dependable workhorse of a lens lens from the F4 era but still good today.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nikkor lens