Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Lastolite Ezybox Speed-lite.

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

iNYONi

iNYONi

Rob

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationLivingston, Scotland

Site Supporter

Got this today, very good quality product. Easy to set up and folds away nice and small. Comes with blue zip up carry case, Should fit in large camera bag or small backpack.

Attached Thumbnails

• DSC_0112.JPG
  • DSC_0115.JPG
  • Softbox2.jpg

nbanjogal

nbanjogal

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 2,094 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUT, USA

Site Supporter

Aha! You got it--can't wait to see what you do with it. 

Hurry hurry! ;)

(Sorry--I'll try to be patient. I've been curious ever since you said you were getting one.)

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • 10,589 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUppsala, Sweden

Site Supporter

Lastolite's light modifiers work very well, and for a long time as they are well made from good material.

I've never had the Ezybox speedlite as I seldom use flash on-camera and prefer the 38 cm Ezybox hotshoe on a stand instead.

If the transport bag has a zipper it might be worth inspecting the stitching and, if necessary make some extra stitches if it looks like the fabric is trimmed a bit close. If it starts to go, repairs are very much harder than prevention.

iNYONi

iNYONi

Rob

• Forum Member
  • 1,112 posts
  • Country Flag

Site Supporter

Thanks Peter, I've given the velcro straps a couple of stitches as they were pulling around the edges. Also did the same with the zip on the bag just in case.

Apart from those issues, it's a very well made product. cant wait to try it out

Ron

Ron

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 2,255 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationMagic City

Looks nice Rob. I'm with Nicole. Can't wait to see the results! 

--Ron

Wired

Wired

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 170 posts
  • LocationAlberta, Canada

definatley an accessory I've been looking at getting myself.

I've been running a two light setup with my SB700's, one for a rim light and the other on an umbrella as a main light. been thinking of adding another 700 and this softbox as a catch light. Very interested to see what kind of light this provides for you.

iNYONi

iNYONi

Rob

• Forum Member
  • 1,112 posts
  • Country Flag

Site Supporter

Unfortunately I've not had the chance to use it yet, very frustrating. As soon as I have some pics I'll post them.