Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

D610 multiple exposure

multiple exposure double exposure d610

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

kitmitchell

kitmitchell

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Country Flag

I recently picked up a D610 which I'm loving. an issue I ran into this morning was using the in-camera multiple exposure mode. My previous camera (D3100) it was pretty easy to take 2 pre existing photos and "stack" em. I had no trouble turning on the multiple exposure mode but does that only work for taking new photos? I have some pre-existing photos on my memory card that I would like to expose on the same frame. if this is possible how would i accomplish this..

Thanks for your potential replies!

yauman

yauman

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationMartinez, CA

I don't have experience with the D610 but if it's similar with the D600, yes it sort of have a multiple exposure mode.  It's the same as the "Bracketing" for HDR but just set it to not change EV values on the different exposures.  Also, it's limited to 3 exposure - that's it. And also, no, you cannot scoot back and expose over images you already have in your card - it's a feature not a bug - you have enter the big boys world of semi-pro photo equipment - read on!

Now you must understand that with the D610 you have moved into the level of "Pro-Consumer" aka "Professional-Consumer" grade of cameras and all these funky options found in kids cameras or strictly consumer grade cameras will not be easily accessible or even available.  If you want to do multiple exposure, in 2014, you do it in post-production - Photoshop, Elements etc where you can control the overlap and the transparent/opaqueness of each frame when they overlap. It's much more accurate, you have much more control of the shooting environment and the compilation of the shots and certainly will have much better results.

Jerry_

Jerry_

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,524 posts
  • Country Flag
In-camera merging of pictures stored on the memory card is nothing I had ever been looking into and I'll join yauman in saying that - for having the best possible results (also it might not be available on all cameras, especially not the more Pro ones) - this should be done by using post processing software on a computer.

Having a D610 to, I checked however the in camera processing possibilities and found that in the RETOUCH MENU, first screen, second last option you have one called IMAGE OVERLAY, which allows to merge two RAW pictures from the memory card.

Was this what you were looking for?

The Help menu explicitly states that the pictures must be RAW format, so JPEG might not work.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: multiple exposure, double, exposure, d610