Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Question about mode dial

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

SheriAn2

SheriAn2

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Country Flag

coolpix-p520.jpg I'm so glad I can upload an illustration of my problem!! Since I don't know much terminology, I couldn't begin to explain in words, alone. Hopefully, the pictures attached, along with a stab at explanation, will show you where I'm at. Basically, I've somehow gotten from A to B (please see attachment), although I don't know how I got there -- and I want to get back to A. Thanks so much for any help you can offer.

Eagles1181

Eagles1181

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts
  • LocationTexas

What camera do you have?

Eagle

Ron

Ron

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,261 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationMagic City

What camera do you have?

Eagle

The illustration says P520. 

--Ron

Eagles1181

Eagles1181

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts
  • LocationTexas

The illustration says P520. 

--Ron

OK, I admit it, I am blind.  Sorry about the dumb question.

Eagle

Ron

Ron

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 2,261 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationMagic City

No need to be sorry. I wasn't trying to imply anything. Just trying to help you help the OP. I figured you might be able to if you knew the model number of the camera. I don't have a clue about it myself. 

--Ron

greenwing

greenwing

Loyal Member

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationWest Yorkshire, UK

I think she got an answer elsewhere - faulty mode dial apparently.

Chris

• Ron likes this

SheriAn2

SheriAn2

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Country Flag

Hello again. Just wanted to let everyone know how much I appreciate your help. I'd already sent the camera in to the technicians authorized to fix it, but they weren't finding anything wrong. I asked if I could send the illustration I uploaded to this site, and the answer was yes. The next day I received an email that the camera was on its way home -- and, when it got here, there was a note saying the PCB had been replaced. I had to look up PCB, to learn that it means "printed circuit board." Now, the camera is working properly again. Thanks much for everything! 

Ron

Ron

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 2,261 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationMagic City

SheriAn2,

I'm glad you got your camera fixed! And thanks for dropping by to let us know! 

--Ron