Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

need parts

grip focus ring 105mm

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Patrick9

Patrick9

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationMurfreesboro Tennessee

Site Supporter

I recently got a 105/2.5  AI lens I have gotten it cleaned, but the focus ring grip is missing. I am not having any luck finding a replacement grip nor a broken one I can borrow the grip from . Does anyone here have a suggestion on a place that might have one.I am beginning to think I may just have to make one.

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,588 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUppsala, Sweden

Site Supporter

They are no longer available as spares, but I've sometimes used two or three layers of bicycle inner tube made for 622-47 or 559-45 tyres while looking for a donor lens. The 35-70/3.5 AI has the right diameter and is long enough to make two grips. The plastic nasty 28-80 3.5-5.6 AF-D is not exactly the right profile, but the zoom rubber works if cut down to the right length, the same can be said for the later G version too. The 35-80 cheapies use the same rubber as the 28-80. These mid-90's AF kit zooms can often be found at fleamarkets and garage sales, often with a body attached for not much money at all.

Patrick9

Patrick9

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationMurfreesboro Tennessee

Site Supporter

Thanks. It looks like I will be making one .

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: grip, focus ring, 105mm