Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Looking for Opinions...

black and white snow springhouse winter contrast shadows

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

SarahBaileyPhotography

SarahBaileyPhotography

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Country Flag

Checking to see what you think..

Attached Thumbnails

• _.jpg

Jerry_

Jerry_

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,528 posts
  • Country Flag
Very nice shot!

Hard to improve :)

Maybe, the only MINOR issue I see is the transition between the horizon on the right hand side and the sky, where it is hard to identify where the one ends and the other one starts. But this can also be an issue of the compressed picture on the site, which might have altered some grey tones.

If the same exists on the initial picture - and provided that there is some blue in the sky of the color print, you could try to apply some orange/red filter when converting to BW which would allow to have the sky slightly darker (if wished so). However this can also alter other parts of the picture (f.i. if the stones of the house, which currently render nicely, have some red or brownish tones)

greenwing

greenwing

Loyal Member

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationWest Yorkshire, UK

Technically excellent, I think. Artistically, and I'm no artist, I'd prefer the empty space to be on the left of the building. The door leads out and off the edge; the building hides the bulk of the landscape from us. Maybe the crop is too tight, or not tight enough. What's on the horizon to the right? Is it a fence, or power lines?

Chris

etphoto

etphoto

Loyal Member

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • LocationCincinnati
I like it a lot. Would love to see the color version. Blue sky against the white snow.

Russ

Russ

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 873 posts
  • Country Flag

To me it needs some context, more of it surroundings.

K-9

K-9

Jamie

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationNew England

Site Supporter

I like it. Well exposed and sort of looks 3-D. Nice one.

iNYONi

iNYONi

Rob

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationLivingston, Scotland

Site Supporter

Great shot, well rendered. Not sure there is much to change.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: black and white, snow, springhouse, winter, contrast, shadows