Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Greetings from Miami, FL

greetings miami

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

etrigan63

etrigan63

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationEarth

A photographer since the age of 12, I recently emerged from cave of insecurities and began shooting professionally. Not enough to make a living yet, but enough to plan my retirement from my I.T. job with it in mind. Started with Canon and switched to Nikon about 10 years ago, I currently work with a D800E shooting weddings and portraits, have owned and used a D700, D300, and D40x. Still have the D40x and thinking about having it IR converted.

I am a blogger (please visit me at http://www.echenique.com) and have several camera and gear reviews posted. I am an IT professional with 30 years experience, so if you have any computer questions, fell free to drop me a line. I have shot many different mirror less camera systems and have to say that they are really coming along nicely. Prepare for a paradigm shift any day now.

That said, I am currently hearing the siren call of the Nikon Df and am working to set that camera up for review once I finish with the Fuji XT-1 review. Don't get me wrong, the Fuji is an amazing little camera and I have shot some great portraits with it. I just don't want to have to deal with two sets of lenses and accessories all of the time.

Lastly, I would like to share with you all some samples of my work (taken with various cameras, not necessarily Nikons):

14046649486_aa8dc494ac_b.jpg

Track Star by Carlos Echenique, on Flickr

13754051754_44129549cd_b.jpg

Biltmore Hotel Lobby by Carlos Echenique, on Flickr

and lastly a selfie

13208427673_287c27b739_b.jpg

Do you ever get that feeling... by Carlos Echenique, on Flickr

Adam

Adam

Nikon Forums Staff

• Administrators
  • 1,335 posts
  • Country Flag

Welcome aboard- you've got some great pics there!

etrigan63

etrigan63

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationEarth

Thanks!

Thumper

Thumper

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,289 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationTexas

Site Supporter

Fantastic shots!!! Those are great!

Welcome to the Nikon Forums.

Ron

Ron

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,265 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationMagic City

Welcome! Indeed great work. I particularly love the Biltmore shot. Exquisite!

--Ron

etrigan63

etrigan63

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationEarth

The Biltmore Lobby shot and three more in that series are hanging in the Coral Gables Museum. If you are in Miami, FL before August 23 please come and see them at the Museum.

• Ron likes this

Eagles1181

Eagles1181

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts
  • LocationTexas
Would love to know the setup behind "Do you ever get that feeling."

etrigan63

etrigan63

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationEarth
Actually the setup is very simple. My bathroom has a rather large mirror with four lights. I unscrewed the two outer ones to cut down the light output and stopped down my aperture to have the dark background. Camera set to spot metering and A mode. Took several shots and sent them to Lightroom first adjusting up exposure and brushing in -4 stops exposure to touch up the background. The sent it off to photoshop where I enlarged the black background to one side. I then lassoed myself and copy/pasted to a new layer. I added the Cheshire Cat on a layer in between.

Eagles1181

Eagles1181

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts
  • LocationTexas
OK. It was mainly the Cheshire cat I was trying to figure how you shot. CGI makes a lot more sense.

etrigan63

etrigan63

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationEarth

The magic of layers, my friend.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: greetings, miami