Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Which one to choose? Nikon d5200 or d3300

nikon dslr d5200 d3300

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

seanbenn85

seanbenn85

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Country Flag
I am planning to get a Nikon DSLR mainly for the purpose of making some mini short films and also I am an casual hobbyist photographer too.I am basically planning to get a DSLR since I have the option of changing different types of lenses.Right now I have zeroed in only on two models, the d5200 and d3300 since it fits my budget perfectly.
So my question is which among these DSLRs serve my needs.
Another major point is since the Nikon's use B frame data compression for their videos unlike the canons and others will that affect the real life quality of the videos in anyway?
One more thing I know is that the d5200 allows to record uncompressed videos through HDMI.I also a little inclined towards the d3300 since it has a higher 60p framerate.So does the d3300 also have this uncompressed recording feature? Please somebody help me in choosing a camera among the both which would perfectly serve my needs.

Adam

Adam

Nikon Forums Staff

• Administrators
  • 1,335 posts
  • Country Flag

I would go for the D5200.  It's a more capable body overall and the tilting screen is nice for video.  The D3300 doesn't give you uncompressed files.

FrameYard

FrameYard

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Country Flag

I made a no budget music video with just the kit lens. Its was surprisingly well.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nikon, dslr, d5200, d3300