Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Computer Doesn't See Nikon D800

d800 computer compact flash

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

msabney

msabney

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Country Flag

Hello all. Up until a few days ago all was fine. My computer no longer sees my D800 when I plug it up to the computer. My husband is an IT tech and hasn't been able to fix the problem. Also, around the same time my compact flash card stated corrupted on the d800's lcd. Lexar is replacing the defective card. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Adam

Adam

Nikon Forums Staff

• Administrators
  • 1,335 posts
  • Country Flag

Do you have another card you can but in to test things out?  It could be that the camera isn't connecting because of the defective card.

Also, have you tried formatting the card?  That could solve the problem altogether.

msabney

msabney

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Country Flag

Adam, when I put the cf card into the slot on the camera, the camera blinks the green info dot and will do nothing. Formatting was going to be my first choice of action. I have taken the cf card out (left the sd card in) and the camera still will not connect.

K-9

K-9

Jamie

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationNew England

Site Supporter

What type of computer are you using?  I've seen glitches happen on both Macs and PCs where connected items do not get recognized; even peripherals that were previously recognized, even just moments before.  Could be the computer rather than your camera.  Try connecting the camera to a second computer.

msabney

msabney

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Country Flag

As a follow up, the D800 motherboard? needed to be replaced. It had shorted out and caused the damage to the cf card and fried the usb port. Thanks for all the input. Much appreciated.

Thumper

Thumper

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,289 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationTexas

Site Supporter

Wow!  That sucks.    Is everything up and running now?

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,589 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUppsala, Sweden

Site Supporter

Too bad about the camera problems, good that it is resolved.

Russ

Russ

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 873 posts
  • Country Flag

As a follow up, the D800 motherboard? needed to be replaced. It had shorted out and caused the damage to the cf card and fried the usb port. Thanks for all the input. Much appreciated.

Wow - how'd you manage to do that?

Kenafein

Kenafein

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • Country Flag

I hope it was all under warranty.  That's always scary, especially for used camera buyers.  

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: d800, computer, compact flash