Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Ha ha ha

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Serge

Serge

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationMaidstone

100% crop of the top left corner of image from my D610 at f/11. Some spots are visible at f/8.

No comments... My D300s at shutter count around 83k has 3 spots visible at f/16 in various places.

dust610.jpg

Alden and others: step down your lenses to f/10 - f/16 and check your D610s. For me it's a joke.

nbanjogal

nbanjogal

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,094 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUT, USA

Site Supporter

I took some pictures the other day at f/18-22 and it was hilarious how spotty it was. (D600, so you've got to expect something like that, right?)

I know it's an issue because the D610 is supposed to have the problem fixed. But maybe it will make you feel better to see how bad the problem is on the D600. Here's a picture I took last Saturday at f22.

20140517-sensor-1722_WEB.jpg

20140517-sensor-1722crop_WEB.jpg

Serge

Serge

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationMaidstone

It is bad Nicole on your pictures...

I'm not even trying to shoot at f/22 as I'm not using such aperture but f/11 is pretty common and this makes me wonder whether Nikon did something with it or just rebadged D600 and changed software... :rolleyes:

Ron

Ron

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 2,261 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationMagic City

I know it's a major hassle but you guys need to pack those cameras up and ship'em off to Nikon. They made a big deal of saying that they're going to fix the problem. I would hold them to their word. This is ridiculous!

--Ron. 

TBonz

TBonz

Sportz Guy

• Forum Member
  • 3,652 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationOn A Field Somewhere...

Site Supporter

I need the money for a D4s, then I can send off one D600 at a time, get them fixed and then sell them both with new shutters so I can get another D4s :)

nbanjogal

nbanjogal

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 2,094 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUT, USA

Site Supporter

I only have one camera body (except for my old Minolta :) ), so I'm not anxious to send it off. I don't know how long it takes them to work on it. I guess I could rent one for awhile… I just can't be without it very long.

Customer service is one area in which I envy the Canon users.

alden

alden

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 1,226 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationHiding in the hallway

100% crop of the top left corner of image from my D610 at f/11. Some spots are visible at f/8.

No comments... My D300s at shutter count around 83k has 3 spots visible at f/16 in various places.

dust610.jpg

Alden and others: step down your lenses to f/10 - f/16 and check your D610s. For me it's a joke.

I'll do that and let you know what happens. I set it to self-clean the image sensor at start up, and have not noticed any spots since.

Russ

Russ

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 873 posts
  • Country Flag

Jeez - I haven't checked for spots for months, maybe even longer than a year. The cameras are set to clean themselves, and I do the occasional blow out with a blower. I usually shoot wide open though. You guys are scaring me!

nbanjogal

nbanjogal

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 2,094 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUT, USA

Site Supporter

Russ, I usually shoot pretty wide open too, which is why I hadn't ever noticed such a problem. I had found an occasional spot, but that was it. 

A couple of weeks ago during my one-on-one meeting with my mentor, he found out I was shooting with the D600 and asked if I had had any problems. I said no, and he said, "You probably shoot wide open all the time, don't you?" I hadn't even considered that as the reason I hadn't experienced any of the dust/oil problems that other D600 owners were experiencing. He advised me to stop it down and then check it out. You can see the results above!

I've got two upcoming assignments, and once I've finished those, I think I'm going to take the plunge and send the camera in to Nikon.

TBonz

TBonz

Sportz Guy

• Forum Member
  • 3,652 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationOn A Field Somewhere...

Site Supporter

I usually shoot wide open as well but I have checked and not seen anything...noticed some spots starting to show up the other night so I'm going to do some cleaning this weekend...want to try and get through the rest of the season before sending anything off.  Hopefully early July the first heads off to Nikon...

Thumper

Thumper

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 2,289 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationTexas

Site Supporter

I only have one camera body (except for my old Minolta :) ), so I'm not anxious to send it off. I don't know how long it takes them to work on it. I guess I could rent one for awhile… I just can't be without it very long.

Customer service is one area in which I envy the Canon users.

When I was going to send my D2Xs off for a tune up, Nikon Service said it would take no more than two weeks to get it back to me. (I read somewhere else that someone else had this done, and they had their camera back in 9 days).

Is this the D600/D610 sensor issue that I have read about? Oil on the sensor or something like that?