Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

More Lacrosse

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Guy

Guy

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts
  • Country Flag

More local High School Lacrosse. Everett vs Snohomish.

14075886602_9056927346_b.jpgLacrosse Ball Chaser by yo_tuco, on Flickr

Everett vs Snohomish by yo_tuco, on Flickr

14079193875_9d287926f5_o.jpgEverett vs Snohomish by yo_tuco, on Flickr

#1 Df, 58/1.4

#2 D800, 70-200/2.8 VRII

deano

deano

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 960 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationColorado USA

Site Supporter

I have a granddaughter who plays lacrosse for Cal Poly Tech. I love your images.

Russ

Russ

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 873 posts
  • Country Flag

Awwww, that first one looks sad  :(

And the second is excellent, I've been meaning to try this, but am always scared I'll miss something!!

Guy

Guy

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts
  • Country Flag

I have a granddaughter who plays lacrosse for Cal Poly Tech. I love your images.

Thanks

Awwww, that first one looks sad  :(

And the second is excellent, I've been meaning to try this, but am always scared I'll miss something!!

Why thanks.  Well, I think it's safe to say you will miss a lot of these panning shots.  At least I do.  But it shouldn't stop you from trying and if you shoot a lot of them through the course of the event eventually the right shutter speed/action speed combo will occur and you will nail a few.  I use a monopod to pan with.  It helps stabilize the vertical movement and really aids the horizontal panning I find. 

TBonz

TBonz

Sportz Guy

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,652 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationOn A Field Somewhere...

Site Supporter

I've thought about trying some of the panning shots but really can't experiment when I'm covering the game - or at least I don't feel like I should experiment.  Maybe I'll try a few in an upcoming game...There is one game coming up where I think I might have the opportunity...

Guy

Guy

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts
  • Country Flag

I've thought about trying some of the panning shots but really can't experiment when I'm covering the game - or at least I don't feel like I should experiment.  Maybe I'll try a few in an upcoming game...There is one game coming up where I think I might have the opportunity...

Devote a percentage of your days shots to some panning.  It's hit and miss if you'll get a usable one.    Why do they wear helmets in men's lacrosse but women's lacrosse they do not?   

TBonz

TBonz

Sportz Guy

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,652 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationOn A Field Somewhere...

Site Supporter

Well, long story...If I were in charge, I'd probably change the rule...avoiding the full history which started with Native Americans in the northeast, lacrosse was a men's game...a women's version of the game was developed (as I recall) at a private girl's school in Britain.  It is really a more gentle game without the hitting so there is less need for helmets, but it uses the same fairly hard ball which can definitely hurt when it hits you!  They do wear eye protection and use a slightly different style head on their sticks which probably won't allow quite as fast a shot, but I still wouldn't want to stand in front of a shot!