Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

New: May Savings on Nikon DSLRs and Lenses

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Adam

Adam

Nikon Forums Staff

• Administrators
  • 1,335 posts
  • Country Flag

Nikon USA has just announced a series of rebates for May, 2014.  Here's a single page that summarizes all the savings:
http://www.bhphotovi...=5981

In a nutshell, there are big instant rebates on cameras in addition to extra savings on a handful of kit lenses, such as the DX 18-105mm, DX 18-140mm, DX 55-300mm, 24-85mm, 70-300mm, and 28-300mm. 

Here are some noteworthy deals:

D3200:

D3300:

D5200:

D5300:

D7100:

D610:

1 J1:

Happy shopping- looks like it's a great time to pick up a new Nikon if you've been thinking of upgrading.

nikon_13302_d7100_dslr_camera_with_10050

Kenafein

Kenafein

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • Country Flag

Strange that they don't change the lenses based on the camera.  Someone buying a FF camera wouldn't be interested in most of those lenses.  It's a pretty good offering for DX users.

Adam

Adam

Nikon Forums Staff

• Administrators
  • 1,335 posts
  • Country Flag

Strange that they don't change the lenses based on the camera.  Someone buying a FF camera wouldn't be interested in most of those lenses.  It's a pretty good offering for DX users.

Yup, it's weird that more FX rebates didn't come out!  But for DX kits some of these deals are a steal.

deano

deano

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 960 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationColorado USA

Site Supporter

Question:  which of the two lenses for the 7100 kit would be the better buy?

Also, would my Nikkor AF-S 18-300 1: 35-5.6 G ED VR be a good pairing to a 7100.

Kenafein

Kenafein

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • Country Flag

Question:  which of the two lenses for the 7100 kit would be the better buy?

Also, would my Nikkor AF-S 18-300 1: 35-5.6 G ED VR be a good pairing to a 7100.

The 18-140 is a more expensive lens.  So, it is a greater savings.  I don't know enough about the lenses to say, but a zoom with a lesser range tends to have an advantage in quality, assuming the same caliber of lens.  Your 18-300 should work just fine on the D7100.

TBonz

TBonz

Sportz Guy

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,652 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationOn A Field Somewhere...

Site Supporter

I was surprised at the lens choices too...I think there were only three non-DX lenses...Not that I am ready to pick up a combo, but I'm sure there are some folks out there who might delay because of the options...