Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Looking for a new camera bag

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

meganhaderphotography

meganhaderphotography

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Country Flag

I've had my Lowepro Exchange Messenger bag for about a year now and I'm in the market for a new bag.  My current bag is great but I am running out of space for the basic gear that I'd like to carry with me.  The internal pocket is fine but I'd love to find something with a lot of little pockets to keep my gear organized.  I've found plenty of options but most of them are far too expensive.  Anyone have any ideas for someone on a really, really tight budget?

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,588 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUppsala, Sweden

Site Supporter

Have you looked at Tamrac System 3 and System 6 bags? Really good for the money. It might be worth looking at craigslist for used bags too. Over here Hama bags often can be found on sale cheap, I don't know about the US. Lowepro Nova series is another cheaper series with acceptable but not great quality.

TBonz

TBonz

Sportz Guy

• Forum Member
  • 3,652 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationOn A Field Somewhere...

Site Supporter

Used bags on Craigslist or e-bay might be your best bet...I have several OLD bags that I'm hanging onto but have both a backpack bag for "light" trips (for me) and a wheeled bag for when I'm bringing most / all of my gear...My 200-400 has its own bag that it came with which is the only item that doesn't fit in the wheeled bag...

IanB

IanB

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationArbroath, Scotland.

Site Supporter

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item27d9d57f13

I just took a punt on one of these.

Thumper

Thumper

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 2,289 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationTexas

Site Supporter

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item27d9d57f13

I just took a punt on one of these.

Let us know how you like it.

Jerry_

Jerry_

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 1,524 posts
  • Country Flag
Looks to be a nice bag and Lowepro is usually a good quality product.

Btw. Have you read the first line of the description? I found it stressed a bit of too much detail.

IanB

IanB

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts
  • Country Flag

Site Supporter

Yeah, the fact it is so cheap and coming from China i'm not really expecting a genuine Lowepro to be honest, but we will see what the quality is like when it arrives.  For the cash anything close to an original will do me  :D

Will let you all know what it is like.

IanB

IanB

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts
  • Country Flag

Site Supporter

Well, the bag arrived and i can't fault it, if that isn't a genuine product then they can fool me all day long.  Best £35 I've spent in a long time.  I would have no issues at all in recommending getting one of these from China. A fraction of the cost, delivery was a day earlier than their earliest date and packaged really well. I've tried so hard to pic faults but couldn't. E-bay triumphs again.