Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Your Best Photo, Week Ending 27 April 2014

• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

TBonz

TBonz

Sportz Guy

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,652 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationOn A Field Somewhere...

Site Supporter

Nicole - I'm not big on "creating" photos from multiple photos, but your shot might have me rethinking that!  Beautiful - thanks for the extra images and explanation...

nbanjogal

nbanjogal

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 2,094 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUT, USA

Site Supporter

Nicole - I'm not big on "creating" photos from multiple photos, but your shot might have me rethinking that!  Beautiful - thanks for the extra images and explanation...

Thanks--I've never done it before. I usually don't like it either--it's often just so cheesy to me. But--I couldn't get the image I saw in my head in any other way. It ended up being kind of fun, so who knows? Maybe I'll do more.

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • 10,634 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUppsala, Sweden

Site Supporter

Composites aren't my thing either, but as photographic artwork they definitely have their place.

The difference in treatment in PP between the layers is what gives the pseudo-HDR feeling, I think.

Hamid

Hamid

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Country Flag

http://500px.com/pho...om=user_library

Hamid

Hamid

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Country Flag

الرجل ÙÙŠ قصر باكنك هام .jpg Ø Ù…Ø§Ù…Ø© Ø Ø²ÙŠÙ†Ø©.jpg

Rontography

Rontography

Loyal Member

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts
  • Country Flag

You are right Nicole, it is better with the texture. :D

I've never had a problem with compositions as long as they are not portrayed as a single photograph. The stuff I do with them is drastic enough so you know it's a composition. High school kids love them.

Russ

Russ

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 873 posts
  • Country Flag

So…I'm not sure what else this week holds for me photographically, so I'm going to post early again. This is the very first composited image I've ever done--I stayed up super late last night watching tutorials and working on it. Technically, the only part of this image that I took this week is the birds. :) But I did put it together within the specified time frame, so perhaps that helps qualify it. The clouds were part of an image I took last summer in Grand Teton National Park. The statue I found Sunday in a cemetery in a nearby city. The birds were from a quick visit to our local bird refuge last night. 

I put it together for another Project 52 assignment--we were to put together a CD cover for a string quartet featuring the music "Black Angels" by George Crumb (definitely not my favorite piece of music!). We were to show something about the music or about strings or quartets. And this is what I ended up with:

Black Angel by nbanjogal, on Flickr

Now replace the birds bodies with violins.

K-9

K-9

Jamie

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationNew England

Site Supporter

Monday, I was strolling around the finish line of the Boston Marathon and managed to snap a few pics.  Of course, I had the fisheye lens with me.  Amazing sights and so many people!

Attached Thumbnails

• BM2.jpg
  • BM1.jpg
  • BM13.jpg

Adam

Adam

Nikon Forums Staff

• Administrators
  • 1,335 posts
  • Country Flag

Lots of great photos in here this week.  Thanks for posting, everyone!

tanjr67

tanjr67

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Country Flag

A sunset I captured Monday evening on a local lake near my home...Easter-Newport-RI-073.jpg

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • 10,634 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUppsala, Sweden

Site Supporter

diggerdigzit, hamid, JuliaT85, nijgal, spangela00, tanjr67, Yellowbelly, welcome to the weekly minichallenge. I liked all your photos, keep up the good work!

Mr_Leeman

Mr_Leeman

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 190 posts
  • Country Flag

Thanks! Yes, I felt strongly about making sure that all the components were mine. When I mentioned that I was having a hard time finding the crows or ravens I needed for the shot, one of my friends suggested that I just use a stock photo. The horror! (Actually, I don't have anything against people using stock photos--I just wanted this to be completely my work.) Also, I don't know if I would classify this as HDR. It is a composite, but I don't know that the composite has much to do with the dynamic range...

No I know it's not propper HDR - but it has that feel with the contrast - and it's certainly dinamic!

I snapped about 1000 shots over the weekend and here's my pick... choosing one proves difficult.

All taken with the D3200, 50mm 1.8 G lens.

Attached Thumbnails

• 10252099_10152810307457818_1020390236448772720_n.jpg
  • 1901608_10152810196147818_5595950584771792799_n.jpg
  • 10313093_10152810173577818_246775147408668026_n.jpg
  • 10006951_10152810158317818_1199181778242312788_n.jpg
  • 10311388_10152810144117818_859358594729914155_n.jpg

nbanjogal

nbanjogal

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 2,094 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUT, USA

Site Supporter

All very well done, Mr_Leeman! I don't know if I could pick a favorite either...

alden

alden

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 1,226 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationHiding in the hallway
For an entry level SLR, the D3200 makes some impressive images.

I sincerely doubt too may of the Nikon "experts" can really tell what body you are using most of the time anyway.

I would love to have one myself; then I would have three bodies to play with!

funny peculiar

funny peculiar

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationWellington

Blue Tailed Bee Eater with backlight on full spread of wings, shot in Mysore, Karnataka, India

attachicon.gif_SSN6630.jpg

Exif : D4 | f/5.6 | 1/3200s | ISO 1250 | +0.3 ev | 300 mm f/4 hand held

Really like this shot.  Congratulations.

funny peculiar

funny peculiar

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationWellington

Hoping I'm allowed to post more than one this week as they took over 7 hours of hiking to accumulate and I lugged a tripod up with me!

All with D600

1.  Mt Ngauruhoe and rocks:  17mm at f16 and 1/250th sec, with Nikkor 14-24mm

2.  Nearly at the top of Red Crater:  20mm at f11 and 1/250th sec, with Nikkor 14-24mm

3.  Stop. Road. Light. Mountain: 50mm at f10 and 1/320th sec straight into the sun, with Tokina 28-70 AT-X

Attached Thumbnails

• Mt Ngauruhoe and rocks.jpg
  • Nearly at the top of Red Crater.jpg
  • Stop Road Light Mountain.jpg

amit5479

amit5479

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Country Flag

105mm, f/2.8, 1/400, ISO200.

105mm, f/2.8, 1/400, ISO100.

14mm,   f/14,   1/200, ISO100

Attached Thumbnails

• 6.jpg
  • 22.jpg
  • 28.jpg

Daniel

Daniel

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts
  • Country Flag

Site Supporter

I took this shot today. Osprey

Attached Thumbnails

• OSPREY0002.jpg

nbanjogal

nbanjogal

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 2,094 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUT, USA

Site Supporter

I took this shot today. Osprey

Holy moly!  You can see the texture on his legs in great detail--what the heck lens was that? Love the curving action of that top wing--very dynamic.

Daniel

Daniel

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts
  • Country Flag

Site Supporter

Holy moly!  You can see the texture on his legs in great detail--what the heck lens was that? Love the curving action of that top wing--very dynamic.

Sry I compressed the file down. It was a 73.9 mb tiff file and now its a 1.3 mb jpeg file.   :(  It doesn't look as sharp on here when you expand the picture. I used the Nikon 80-400mm today.