Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Race cars from the 2014 36 hours of Florida

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

Nikonite

Nikonite

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationOrlando, Fl

Does this meet your request? All the on track pictures EXIF are the same except for focal length. Sometimes I was zoomed all the way out (200mm) and sometimes I wasn't. What the EXIF doesn't tell you is that I was perpendicular to the cars panning 180 degrees in less than 2 seconds. Quite literally whipping the camera about. I had the camera set to shutter priority mode. The first three prototype pics from Daytona the cars were accelerating through 120 mph and at Sebring the last 4 prototype pictures they were accelerating through 160 mph.

Attached Thumbnails

• Daytona.jpg

Eagles1181

Eagles1181

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts
  • LocationTexas

That works.  I appreciate it.  

Eagle

Nikonite

Nikonite

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationOrlando, Fl

No problem. There's a lot more information available, but the window only shows so much of it. I could screen shot the photo app and that would have all of it on one screen.  

Eagles1181

Eagles1181

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts
  • LocationTexas
No mainly I was wanting to see how fast the shutter speed was.

Nikonite

Nikonite

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationOrlando, Fl

I tried 3k, 3.2k and 4k. Incredible stop action. You could see what was hand written on the tire rotating at 170 mph. However, the light was compromised. Easily brought back in post processing though. Overall I'm very pleased with the D7100.

nbanjogal

nbanjogal

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,094 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUT, USA

Site Supporter

EXIF info is not required or expected--it's just appreciated.