Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Lacrosse

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Guy

Guy

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts
  • Country Flag

Some lacrosse scenes

8748330690_2b6da1764e_o.jpg

8683111114_daba70e5bf_o.jpg

Daniel

Daniel

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts
  • Country Flag

Site Supporter

Very impressive work. Great composition, colour, and focus. 

Guy

Guy

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts
  • Country Flag

Very impressive work. Great composition, colour, and focus. 

Thanks. 

deano

deano

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 960 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationColorado USA

Site Supporter

I also like the snow covered mountains as a backdrop.

TBonz

TBonz

Sportz Guy

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,652 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationOn A Field Somewhere...

Site Supporter

Nice shots - Great perspectives on the shots! Also love the background - I might have been shooting that instead :)  

Guy

Guy

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts
  • Country Flag

I also like the snow covered mountains as a backdrop.

Nice shots - Great perspectives on the shots! Also love the background - I might have been shooting that instead :)

Thanks. This school has an awesome field.  It is located on the edge of a cliff with a valley below and a grand, sweeping view of the mountains.  

Note, typically most sports shots are at a really fast shutter speed to freeze the action. Here I used a slow shutter in an attempt to capture motion blur which I think adds to the feeling of motion without panning since I wasn't going to get the guys in the foreground in focus anyway with the focal length I had on. 

Russ

Russ

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 873 posts
  • Country Flag

Look a little too saturated for me, but that's just my opinion. Nice compositions.

Guy

Guy

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts
  • Country Flag

Look a little too saturated for me, but that's just my opinion. Nice compositions.

It could be.  Also my photos can look very saturated/vivid on web browsers that are not color managed. That is, they don't read the color profile in the JPEG.

Headstill

Headstill

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationLowcountry SC

Fantastic shots!! Really unique perspectives on the game play. My kids play lax, it's a great sport to shoot with endless motion. The color looks good to me, after all lax is a "bling" sport!  thanks for sharing!