Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

D610. I just got it!

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

K-9

K-9

Jamie

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationNew England

Site Supporter

You should be able to get plenty of great shots with just the 50mm f1.8D.

greatscott94

greatscott94

Loyal Member

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationSurrey, BC

Site Supporter

I found that all my lenses in DX format vignette just a bit, some more than others. 

Out of curiosity what lenses do you have?

alden

alden

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,226 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationHiding in the hallway

Out of curiosity what lenses do you have?

In DX I have the 40mm micro, the 18-55 kit, and the 55-300 zoom. The other three are all old 35mm lenses and I have the one 50mm D.

Adamwesleyo

Adamwesleyo

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Country Flag

Site Supporter

Take awesome pictures of the 610 with the 610.....wait I think I created a black hole......

alden

alden

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 1,226 posts
  • Country Flag

Take awesome pictures of the 610 with the 610.....wait I think I created a black hole......

Sounds like an M.C. Escher drawing.

B Grace

B Grace

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
  • Country Flag

In DX I have the 40mm micro, the 18-55 kit, and the 55-300 zoom. The other three are all old 35mm lenses and I have the one 50mm D.

If your older lenses are Ai or AiS give them a go!  Just don't forget to change the lens profile setting when swapping lenses.  At first it seemed a bit awkward changing the aperture on the lens while shooting with a modern Nikon but, my goodness, some of those old high-end Nikkors are fantastic lenses.

• Ron likes this

alden

alden

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 1,226 posts
  • Country Flag
They are all AF from the early-mid 1990's.

Kenafein

Kenafein

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • Country Flag

They are all AF from the early-mid 1990's.

They still have that 85/1.8D, at Keh, for 179.  Keep an eye out for a similar deal when you have some spare cash.

alden

alden

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 1,226 posts
  • Country Flag

They still have that 85/1.8D, at Keh, for 179.  Keep an eye out for a similar deal when you have some spare cash.

Thanks. I'll keep my eye on that one. :)

Tony892

Tony892

Tony892

• Forum Member
  • 1,008 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationRingwood, Hampshire, England

Site Supporter

Great to see you received the camera and the sequence of shots from the box being opened were great. Liked your first shots as well.

ThePicturesofYou

ThePicturesofYou

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationLas Vegas
Congrats Alden.... One of these days!!!! Have an awesome time with it!!

nphiker

nphiker

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationPeoria, IL

Alden,

I am new to this forum and just recently purchased a d610.  Since you've had it for a month plus, what do you enjoy most about your camera AND anything you've learned with yours that you would care to share?

Matt 

alden

alden

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 1,226 posts
  • Country Flag

Alden,

I am new to this forum and just recently purchased a d610.  Since you've had it for a month plus, what do you enjoy most about your camera AND anything you've learned with yours that you would care to share?

Matt

Hi Matt, and welcome! The main thing I like about it is the image quality is better. It's like comparing a 35mm slide to a medium format slide. It's just got a bit more detail, sharpness, and range of subtle shades and colors to it that a DX format sensor does not get. Don't get me wrong, I love my D7100 and still use it a lot too, but if I'm going to do a portrait, or if I intend to blow up a print really large, I'm going to reach for the D610.

Ed Weiner

Ed Weiner

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Country Flag
Hi Alden. I stepped up to the d610 from the d90 two weeks ago. I have a fx 70-300 plus other dx lenses. I'm enjoying the fx zoom but the dx lenses are back in the bag. I'm renting the 24-70 2.8 for a trip to costal rica to break in this body. Enjoy your d610. Ed