Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Meet up in Glasgow

glasgow

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

iNYONi

iNYONi

Rob

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationLivingston, Scotland

Site Supporter

It was great to meet up with Tony today, some great pictures taken in town and at the Necropolis. Shared a few stories too. 

I'll post a few of my better shots once I have them on the laptop.

alden

alden

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 1,226 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationHiding in the hallway

Cant wait to see them!

nbanjogal

nbanjogal

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 2,094 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUT, USA

Site Supporter

That's great! Looking forward to seeing them. And watching the video of you all singing "I'd Like to Teach the World to Sing." ;)

Tony892

Tony892

Tony892

• Forum Member
  • 1,008 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationRingwood, Hampshire, England

Site Supporter

It was great to meet yesterday and the weather was brilliant. The bus tour around Glasgow was great and also enjoyed listening to the banter. Met with family and pals at my brothers place in Cup Glasgow Renfield street which was also special. Got rugby in Edinburgh to watch between Scotlan and Englabd today. Using phone to post at moment, quite limited.

TBonz

TBonz

Sportz Guy

• Forum Member
  • 3,652 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationOn A Field Somewhere...

Site Supporter

Sounds like everyone had a nice time!  Looking forward to seeing the pix!  As far as rugby goes, I need to learn the rules...I know some of them, but too many times I'm just not sure why something was called the way it was...The Scotland vs. England match is actually going to be on TV here at 1AM EST which is about an hour from now...I set it to record...my wife enjoys watching it too...

Tony892

Tony892

Tony892

• Forum Member
  • 1,008 posts
  • Country Flag

Site Supporter

Sounds like everyone had a nice time!  Looking forward to seeing the pix!  As far as rugby goes, I need to learn the rules...I know some of them, but too many times I'm just not sure why something was called the way it was...The Scotland vs. England match is actually going to be on TV here at 1AM EST which is about an hour from now...I set it to record...my wife enjoys watching it too...

Sadly not a good game to watch we got hammered 20 - 0
But when you are down there is only one way to go and that is upwards

TBonz

TBonz

Sportz Guy

• Forum Member
  • 3,652 posts
  • Country Flag

Site Supporter

Oh well...Haven't had a chance to watch it yet between trying to catch some of the Olympics and going through a large # of photos from a gymnastics meet I shot on Friday...I learned as I went since I'd never shot gymnastics before and ended up with some keepers...Have to shoot it again this coming Friday, so hopefully I'll come out with a higher percentage of keepers this time around!

Speaking of shooting photos, still looking forward to seeing the photos from the meet-up!

Tony892

Tony892

Tony892

• Forum Member
  • 1,008 posts
  • Country Flag

Site Supporter

Oh well...Haven't had a chance to watch it yet between trying to catch some of the Olympics and going through a large # of photos from a gymnastics meet I shot on Friday...I learned as I went since I'd never shot gymnastics before and ended up with some keepers...Have to shoot it again this coming Friday, so hopefully I'll come out with a higher percentage of keepers this time around!

Speaking of shooting photos, still looking forward to seeing the photos from the meet-up!

Will post the photos when I have a few spare minutes. Been a busy day.

Tony892

Tony892

Tony892

• Forum Member
  • 1,008 posts
  • Country Flag

Site Supporter

More photos in Gallery Tony892 and Rob - Scotland Visit Feb 2014 - Gallery - NikonForums.com

Rob
Album: Scotland Visit Feb 2014
16 images
0 comments

For some reason the first photo of iNyoni (Rob) was very faint. This is a mixture of snap shots to just record two members of the Forum meeting up, some other photos I would love feedback on and some fun photo's as well.

nbanjogal

nbanjogal

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 2,094 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUT, USA

Site Supporter

This just makes me smile! So dang cool that you guys got together, and it looks like you even went on a photo walk. Nice!!!!

I've just glanced quickly at the photos--I'm hoping to check them out again when I have more time, but they look like you had a great time and captured some fun moments and intriguing places.

Tony892

Tony892

Tony892

• Forum Member
  • 1,008 posts
  • Country Flag

Site Supporter

This just makes me smile! So dang cool that you guys got together, and it looks like you even went on a photo walk. Nice!!!!

I've just glanced quickly at the photos--I'm hoping to check them out again when I have more time, but they look like you had a great time and captured some fun moments and intriguing places.

Thanks Nicole. It was as if we had known each other for years and we were chatting away non-stop. It helped that we both were using the same camera (D7100) and were able to compare and try out gear. The fact that the weather was brilliant really helped, but also the fact that we were patient with each other as we both tried to get 'that' shot. I would really encourage folk in the Forum who are able to meet up for photo walk's to consider doing so. There is obviously the common sense aspect of personal safety to consider as well. When I next go up to Glasgow, hope to allocate a day to spend with Rob for us to take advantage of the excellent phto opportunities. When I was walking to the railway station in Edinburgh, early on Sunday morning (having watched my country get beat on the previous day 20 - 0 by England - our day will come), I was struck by the beauty of the city and the photo opportunities available, particularly early in the morning when the streets are pretty much deserted.

Think it is a challenge for us all in this Forum, to take advantage of the gathering we have and consider arranging local photo walks.

iNYONi

iNYONi

Rob

• Forum Member
  • 1,112 posts
  • Country Flag

Site Supporter

Great Photo's Tony, I'm still working my way through the 250 Raw files I took that day. I'll get these posted as soon as I get a chance. It was a fantastic day, wether wise we couldnt have asked for a better day. Looking farward to round 2 next time your up this way.

A shocking result for Scotland in the Rugby...I can see from your profile pic that you dressed for the occation...love the hat.

iNYONi

iNYONi

Rob

• Forum Member
  • 1,112 posts
  • Country Flag

Site Supporter

Here are a couple of my shots from our meet up

Attached Thumbnails

• DSC_1315.jpg
  • DSC_1449.jpg
  • DSC_1289.jpg
  • Tony.jpg

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • 10,634 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUppsala, Sweden

Site Supporter

Congratulations on making this happen! It seems like you had a blast.

/Peter

TBonz

TBonz

Sportz Guy

• Forum Member
  • 3,652 posts
  • Country Flag

Site Supporter

Very nice!  Love the shot of the winding road...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: glasgow