Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

ANGRY BIRDS aka Birds of Prey

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Daniel

Daniel

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts
  • Country Flag

Site Supporter

These are some photos of birds shots I've taken this last summer. I was never into wild life photography until I seen a grizzly bear and some eagles this last summer on one of my trips. Before then it was just landscape photography I was interested in. Hope you enjoy.   :D

First Photo I used my Nikon D7100 with the new Nikon 80-400mm lens.  Settings:  400mm  f9   1/000

Attached Thumbnails

• falcon-.jpg
  • OSPREY0002.jpg

Daniel

Daniel

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts
  • Country Flag

Site Supporter

Had to put a pic of one the grizzly bear photos I shot last late summer of this young bear that is about 2 years old. I bought the telephoto lenses to capture shots of the grizzles but ended up getting into birds of prey photography as well. The photo was not cropped. 

Settings used and camera:   D800E  & Nikon 80-400mm

Focal point 350mm

f5.6

1/500

Second pic is severely cropped and clipped. Original has full wing span. Reduced from a 76.6 mb TIF file to 1.7 jpg. 

Camera used D800E and lens used Nikon 80-400mm

Can't wait for spring and more wildlife photo taking.

Attached Thumbnails

• DSC_9352.jpg
  • goldeneagle.jpg

Jeffbridge

Jeffbridge

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • Country Flag

Fantastic shots!!! Really nice!

UntamedSpirit

UntamedSpirit

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 79 posts
  • Country Flag

Site Supporter

Great shots...  I love the last one. My wife has been trying for 5 years to see a bear. We've been to the ADK's Alaska, and Shenandoah park in VA. No luck yet.

The last time I saw a bear was when my super genius friend decided to have doritos in our tent while backpacking, so I am not as eager LOL. 

Daniel

Daniel

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts
  • Country Flag

Site Supporter

I was driving on the Alaska highway this fall in British Columbia, Canada and ran into this bear by luck. You have to know where they night be in the certain time of the year, I knew they would be near a river bed because the samon were spawning and in spring they like higher elevations. I did some research online to know this and I got lucky.

Grizzly bears have sensitive noses and can smell food 5 miles away so be careful when packing food with you or keep it in a safe place. lol

Chrisf

Chrisf

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Country Flag

what kind of hawk is that? It appears to be a red shouldered to me,but there are always some variations.

Daniel

Daniel

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts
  • Country Flag

Site Supporter

I am no bird expert but I googled it and it looks like a swainson's hawk. I just got into photographing birds last summer.

Chrisf

Chrisf

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Country Flag

I think that's it after looking into it more.