Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

What do you guys think?

porsche jaguar d3100

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

98ej6driver

98ej6driver

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Country Flag

I took these photos at our local Cars and Coffee with my D3100 and kit lens. What do you guys think?

Attached Thumbnails

• 12059676003_e7ed81cbca_b.jpg
  • 12060254496_373cdfe165_b.jpg

Tony892

Tony892

Tony892

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,008 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationRingwood, Hampshire, England

Site Supporter

I prefer the black and white image. You have captured the depth of field, not that keen on the other shot, it appears that there are scratches down the side of the car,could be my monitor.
Should have commented on the B&W being really good.

Afterimage

Afterimage

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 615 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationPennsylvania

The B&W shot of the Jag is the winner there but the side profile of the (Porsche?) isn't half bad. I love the lens flare and tones... framing is a little weak but I've CERTAINLY shot worse! LOL

Where do you live by the way? I do Cars & Coffee shoots in the PA/NJ area pretty frequently

98ej6driver

98ej6driver

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Country Flag

I go to the Richmond VA Cars and Coffee. I have more C&C photos on my Flickr If you are interested in viewing them. http://www.flickr.co.../72700480@N04/ 

Thanks for the feedback. 

Afterimage

Afterimage

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 615 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationPennsylvania

Awesome I'll check that out! You can find us at www.SLAMAPA.com , most of the shoots are under the Motorsport Events page.

Hey, you never know, we might find a C&C event that's somewhere in the middle! Gettysburg Cars and Coffee sounds like an awesome road trip! LOL

Edit - I scanned your Flikr page... really nice work! Bravo!

TBonz

TBonz

Sportz Guy

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,652 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationOn A Field Somewhere...

Site Supporter

Post it in the Meet-Ups section if you decide to do it...never really shot cars, but there's always a first time and it would be fun to meet up with some of the folks here...

Rontography

Rontography

Loyal Member

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts
  • Country Flag

I like the B&W image. Love the flare in the other too, but the B&W is the best to me.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: porsche, jaguar, d3100