Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Introductory Giveaway: Win a D610 or D7100!

giveaway

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
527 replies to this topic

greatscott94

greatscott94

Loyal Member

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationSurrey, BC

Site Supporter

Phew, I had to check the Raffle date... I was sure it was happening within the week and when I looked at the giveaway link (which shows how many entries you have) it said 57 days to go! But then I read the first post and it said 10th of December. 5 days to go. Can't wait... though I'm sure everyone who has entered is looking forward to "Winning" the Camera. :)

I'll let you see some of the pictures I take with it when I win it ;)

BonOlgirl

BonOlgirl

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 139 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationSouthern Oregon

Site Supporter

TWOO days left......and counting..... :D

alden

alden

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,226 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationHiding in the hallway

I thought today was the day. 

Nope, it's tomorrow. 

BonOlgirl

BonOlgirl

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 139 posts
  • Country Flag

Site Supporter

YAY!!! Good luck to all!!

K-9

K-9

Jamie

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationNew England

Site Supporter

I thought today was the day. 

Nope, it's tomorrow. 

No, it's in 52 days.  Apparently, the Dec. 10th date was also taken down form the contest thread.  Looks like the contest was extended 2 months.  Facebook ads are saying you can win a "late Christmas gift" so it's definitely not ending tomorrow now.   Questions about this in the Q and A thread haven't been answered in days, so no one knows exactly what happened.

The countdown shows it will end now on January 31st.

BonOlgirl

BonOlgirl

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 139 posts
  • Country Flag

Site Supporter

Welcome to Nikon Forums! 

As part of our site launch, we are hosting a giveaway featuring a Nikon D610 or a D7100 (your choice*) as a grand prize, sponsored by B&H photo!  We've designed this giveaway so that almost everyone who joins our site has a small chance of winning, but users who are very active in our community will be many times more likely to win.

The giveaway is esentially a very big raffle.  You earn raffle tickets by being active in our community.  After about two months (on December 10th, 2013) we will calculate the number of raffle tickets that each member is entitled to, and the winner will be drawn.  Your prize will therefore reach you just in time for Christmas! 

ENTER THE GIVEAWAY HERE

The link above will show you all the ways in which you can enter!

The idea behind this setup is that users who regularly come and visit our site will have an increased chance of winning.  Of course, there will be those who actively try to post more in order to increase their chances of winning, but we've set things up so that there's a cap on the number of raffle tickets you can get based on everyday activities such as posting and commenting.  If you want to greatly increase your chances of winning, consider adding some lens/camera reviews, maintaining a personal blog, or submitting a few guest posts to our homepage.

It's clear that while many people will enter the giveaway, only one person will be able to win the grand prize.  However, we'd also like to be able to reward everyone that tried hard in the giveaway.  Therefore, if you are one of the top 5% raffle ticket holders (or top 50, whichever is smaller) at the end of the giveaway, you will receive a premium forum account. We may also give out other prizes along the way, such as t-shirts, gift cards, and other logo gear.

If you end up being our winner, the only thing we ask is that you upload an unboxing video to youtube after receiving your prize, or that you blog about your new camera on our homepage or in a personal blog.

I'd like to wish everyone good luck, and I hope you enjoy the site!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Important: If you have any questions about this giveaway, please DO NOT post them in this thread. >>>>> Use this topic instead <<<<<

-----------------------------------------------------------

*the winner of the giveaway can choose to apply up to a $2000 credit toward any one Nikon camera at B&H.  For instance, if you wanted to get a D800 instead of a D600, you would pay the difference after subtracting $2000 from the selling price.  You are limited to a single camera or kit and you cannot combine multiple products. 

Fine print:

• Giveaway is open to users worldwide
  • No purchase necessary to participate
  • Shipping within the US is included
  • Winners outside of the US will be responsible for duty/customs fees and may need to cover the shipping cost
  • Meaningless posts made solely to increase your raffle ticket count will not be tolerated.  If we become aware of such activity, will be warned or disqualified, at our sole discretion.
  • Limit one forum account per person.  If you create multiple accounts in an attempt to increase your chances of winning, you will be disqualified from the giveaway and banned from future promotions on NikonForums.com.
  • Terms and conditions subject to change

Update: as of 10/8/2013, the grand prize in this giveaway will be a Nikon D610, rather than a D600.
Update: as of 10/11/2013, the number of raffle tickets given for forum posts has been increased

Update: as of 10/14/2013, the giveaway will be managed via a widget on this page.  The terms of the giveaway have not changed

There seems to be a little confusion as to when the drawing is. The introductory post (quoted here) says the drawing is on December 10, but the countdown now takes us into January. Has the drawing date changed? Just wondering.....

Thumper

Thumper

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 2,289 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationTexas

Site Supporter

No, it's in 52 days.  Apparently, the Dec. 10th date was also taken down form the contest thread.  Looks like the contest was extended 2 months.  Facebook ads are saying you can win a "late Christmas gift" so it's definitely not ending tomorrow now.   Questions about this in the Q and A thread haven't been answered in days, so no one knows exactly what happened.

The countdown shows it will end now on January 31st.

I posted about that last night, but my post disappeared, so I figured that my information was incorrect.  :lol:

I guess we will find out for sure tomorrow.

BonOlgirl

BonOlgirl

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 139 posts
  • Country Flag

Site Supporter

I guess we just need to be patient......although patience has never really been one of my virtues  :lol:

K-9

K-9

Jamie

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationNew England

Site Supporter

I posted about that last night, but my post disappeared, so I figured that my information was incorrect.  :lol:

I guess we will find out for sure tomorrow.

I don't think your post disappeared, it's in the other thread, the Q and A thread.

Thumper

Thumper

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 2,289 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationTexas

Site Supporter

I don't think your post disappeared, it's in the other thread, the Q and A thread.

Oops.  My bad.   I am obviously running around with my head planted firmly in my backside today.   :lol:

Russ

Russ

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 873 posts
  • Country Flag

Well it's the 10th here now, so just send the camera on over Adam... ;)

rocknrumble

rocknrumble

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Hey I am going to win this camera... don't send it to Russ, send it to me!

Russ

Russ

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 873 posts
  • Country Flag

Typical Aussie :rolleyes:  always late.... :P

alden

alden

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 1,226 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationHiding in the hallway

Typical Aussie :rolleyes:  always late.... :P

Sounds like a Kiwi comment to me.

rocknrumble

rocknrumble

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts
  • Country Flag

I also think if they're going to extend the draw then there should be more ways to earn extra raffle tickets especially for the members and contributors who've been here longer and contribute to the forum.

K-9

K-9

Jamie

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationNew England

Site Supporter

I also think if they're going to extend the draw then there should be more ways to earn extra raffle tickets especially for the members and contributors who've been here longer and contribute to the forum.

True, like more points when you hit certain plateaus, higher than 250, or else those who have been here the longest start to have their odds go down more and more the longer it goes.

BonOlgirl

BonOlgirl

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 139 posts
  • Country Flag

Site Supporter

Well, no matter when this drawing takes place, I'll post some nice pics here for ya'll after I win and receive my new camera!  :D  :D

rocknrumble

rocknrumble

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts
  • Country Flag

That's the Christmas Spirit... believe in the impossible... How are you going to win my camera ;)

BonOlgirl

BonOlgirl

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 139 posts
  • Country Flag

Site Supporter

That's the Christmas Spirit... believe in the impossible... How are you going to win my camera ;)

Well, it's like this......you speak it into the universe and "BAM!" somehow it happens  ;)

rocknrumble

rocknrumble

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts
  • Country Flag

So why no official announcement about what is going on? Draw should have happened or they should say something about why it's not happening.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: giveaway