Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Red Arrows

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Timlad75

Timlad75

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Country Flag
Posted ImagePosted Image

Afterimage

Afterimage

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 615 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationPennsylvania

That's it... I'm going to more airshows this year! :)

Tony892

Tony892

Tony892

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,008 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationRingwood, Hampshire, England

Site Supporter

I live about ten miles from Bournemouth and we have the Red Arrows in our area for the Air Show in August and other venues on a regular basis, they are fantastic. I like your images, you must work on an airfield to get these type of shots. Not seen a lot of aircraft images on the fourm.
Or could you even be a pilot??

Timlad75

Timlad75

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Country Flag
Thanks for the likes, @tony892 I work at Doncaster Airport and we had the Red Arrows in for a couple of days as they couldn't land at their base at RAF Scampton due to it being too foggy. I work out on the airfield so get the opportunity to get close to aircraft and the runway. We have the Vulcan Bomber based at Doncaster so will be getting some pictures of that soon

Thumper

Thumper

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 2,289 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationTexas

Site Supporter

Great shots.  I love the colors and the detail.   I especially like the subjects.

Me too.  We used to have them here all the time, but I think it has been a few years since they have had one.    I am going to check and see if they are planning on having one this year.  If not, I may try to find one "close by"  (In Texas, close by can be an all day drive).

Timlad75

Timlad75

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Country Flag
[quote name="Thumper" post="14243" timestamp="1390586849"]Great shots. I love the colors and the detail. I especially like the subjects.

Thanks for that I'm pleased with how the photos turned out as it was only my second attempt at taking pictures with my new D5100

Thumper

Thumper

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 2,289 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationTexas

Site Supporter

Well, I'd say that you did a dang fine job with it. thumb.gif

stuguy

stuguy

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationAmmanford,Wales,UK..
Love taking aviation photos,
I went to a few air shows last year in the Uk,got a few planed for this year so i will upload some soon.

TBonz

TBonz

Sportz Guy

• Forum Member
  • 3,652 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationOn A Field Somewhere...

Site Supporter

Well, I was going to suggest you head down to Maryland for the Air Show at Andrews Air Force Base.  I've seen parts of their air shows in the past and they were pretty cool...but, I went to look up the date and saw it had been canceled for 2014 due to costs.  The last one they did apparently cost us tax payers over $2 million...I am going to see if I can get out and shoot some planes this year though...I have a couple of spots I'd like to try near some airports...not air shows unfortunately, I'll have to settle for just take offs and landings...