Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

My New Site..

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

robinchun

robinchun

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationBristol, England

I've been on a trial from LayerSpace and like it very much, will be switching from Zenfolio..www.robinchun.com  all comments welcome

Robin

Adam

Adam

Nikon Forums Staff

• Administrators
  • 1,335 posts
  • Country Flag

Hi Robin,

The site looks very nice overall and you've got some beautiful work posted!  Just two comments though: doesn't the Flash format hurt your visibility on google/etc?  Also, some of the pics are a bit slow to load after clicking on the thumbnails.

Afterimage

Afterimage

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 615 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationPennsylvania

Yeah, there is definitely something amiss with the coding. I suspect it lies within the Java Script module for the lightbox feature or possibly the transition. I'm seeing slow load times and images just stacking on top of each other. It's not closing the previous image when a new one is opened. The site is really nice, just a little "beta release SNAFU". Every website goes through some sort of nonsense before it's running as expected. trust me.. I've built dozens and NONE... ZERO ... worked right the first time out of the box lol.

Capture.JPG

robinchun

robinchun

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Country Flag

Thanks for your comments guys..I didn't experience any of the problems you mention, I'm on windows 8.1, LayerSpace say it works best on Firefox, I've changed the template, see if that makes a difference

Robin 

Afterimage

Afterimage

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 615 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationPennsylvania

I checked with both Chrome and Firefox... the new skin is working perfectly!

K-9

K-9

Jamie

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationNew England

Site Supporter

Why the switch from Zenfolio?  It's usually better rated than Layer Space.

I am using Safari and it does take a good 8 seconds before anything appears on screen.  Once up, the pictures come up relatively quickly.  Nice images.

Tony892

Tony892

Tony892

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,008 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationRingwood, Hampshire, England

Site Supporter

I really like your site and the images were very good. Particularly like your approach and the monochrome were awesome.

robinchun

robinchun

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Country Flag

K-9..I've been with zenfolio for 2 years = and wanted a change..what I like about LayerSpace is the more professional interface i.e the same page throughout unlike Zenfolio and the like where you go from home page to gallery thumbnails then to gallery and so on and each time the page changes as does the logo heading etc: ..granted that does come at a cost but I think it's worth it, you pays your money and takes your choice!

Robin

Tony..thank you for your kind words

Robin

• K-9 likes this