Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Nikon D3100 Mode Dial Faulty?

mode dial d3100 fault

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

CastlePrints

CastlePrints

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationBrisbane

Hey guys, I am using a D3100 and have noticed that most of my dial modes are not working such as the nightshot, macro and sports. When put in these modes the screen says I'm in M (manual mode). I am using a Tamron lens and thought this might be the reason but when I put the original Nikkor lens back on it did the same thing.... Has anyone else come across this?? Have I changed a setting I shouldn't have or do I need to take it to Nikon for repair??

Cheers

Kim :)

fishinfiend

fishinfiend

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • Country Flag
I did a search and I came across this. http://nikonrumors.c...pic.php?id=3425 I don’t know if this is exactly what your problem is but these two things would be a great place to start to try and fix your camera.
The first one I would try is push down on the mode dial and give it a full turn while holding down on the dial.
The next one is do a camera reset.

fishinfiend

fishinfiend

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • Country Flag

So, did either the Factory Reset or pushing down on the dial and giving it one full turn work to fix you Mode Dial problem?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mode, dial, d3100, fault