Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Mystery Icon/Symbol

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Kenneth18

Kenneth18
  • Country Flag

Hi guys......new in town.  I'll get to the point.  There is an icon/symbol in the viewfinder of my Z-5 that I cannot identify.  It's off to the top left side of the viewing area and is a red (orange) box with what seems to be a triangle pointing upward (middle,top) and a diagonal line running from the upper left to the lower right.  I've checked out the icon/symbol guide in the instruction manual for the 'Z' but nothing seems to correspond.  Any clues as to what indication this might be?  Thanks in advance for any and all insights.  

g4aaw pete

g4aaw pete
  • Country Flag
  • LocationBirchington, North Kent Coast.

Site Supporter

I haven't got a Z5, but page 6 & 7 from the manual may help.

0AEF8yJ.jpg

vsHnHTB.jpg

Kenneth18

Kenneth18
  • Country Flag

Thanks Pete.   I did finally figure it out.  The symbol I described was an indicator that I needed to insert a memory card into the camera (LOL)..  It's hell getting old.  :)

g4aaw pete

g4aaw pete
  • Country Flag
  • LocationBirchington, North Kent Coast.

Site Supporter

Actually - I must be the aged one because I failed to notice you'd already looked in the manual!

I checked my Nikon examples with no cards inserted.

D800E - picture of a card with a line through it & 'Demo' on screen.

D7200 - picture of a card with a line through it & 'Demo' on screen.

D3300 - 'no memory card inserted'

Can't check my D3200 because my grand daughter has it. I suspect it'll give the same message as the D3300.