Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

NIKON MEDICAL-NIKKOR Auto 1:5,6 f=200mm

medical nikon lens 200mm f/5.6

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

La Bikina

La Bikina

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,015 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationMexican girl in Barcelona Spain

Site Supporter

I bought a Nikon Medical 200mm f/5.6 Nikkor second version.

Nikon F Medical 200/5.6

It cost me 150 Euro with the leather suitcase, and the 6 filters pack.

It's complete operative but don't have the power unit, so the flash will not work, I will use an SB-29 annular flash and I will upload photos taken by this bizarre lens here.

We can discuss, after my photo sample, if it's a good lens for macro or just a freak junk for collectors. :P

Brian

Brian

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 547 posts
  • Country Flag

Obviously a great lens that is also a treasured find for a collector.

"Freak Junk for Collectors" that sequence of words should never be uttered! Your whole collection may disappear. It's known to be an evil spell. All your treasures go to the person that posts just after you type it.

And Boom.

La Bikina

La Bikina

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,015 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationMexican girl in Barcelona Spain

Site Supporter

Obviously a great lens that is also a treasured find for a collector.

"Freak Junk for Collectors" that sequence of words should never be uttered! Your whole collection may disappear. It's known to be an evil spell. All your treasures go to the person that posts just after you type it.

And Boom.

:lol: funny spell, Brian, I hope save the saving throw like D&D.

If I fail, you must continue my topic about Nikon medical 200mm f/5.6 ;)

I bought it because I found it in Barcelona, my city and with very nice price, I think that this kind of freak lens it's very important to check in person before buy it.

The first test check was amazing sharp with high contrast, more than expected, only shooting to one random stick in the floor with Nikon D5 using ISO 400 and f/5.6. Without flash.

The construction quality, it's outstanding, surely the price in the 70s & 80s was incredibly high."prohibitive" :rolleyes: the word medical means expensive itself.

Think... the dentist used it... they are all rich :D

Next week, I will try to visit Ciudadela park in Barcelona and shot any flower, plant or insect that I found, I will post the photo here.

I will carry the SB-29 flash too, and I will try to shot with flash at f/45 only for curiosity. :P

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: medical, nikon, lens, 200mm, f/5.6