Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Pinout for Nikon bluetooth device

remote control geotagging

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

markniessen

markniessen

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Country Flag

Hello everyone,

I am new to this forum, so please forgive if this topic is not posted properly.

Recently I bought a Pinout device in Japan (Zesty industries), this device you place on the 10 pin connector makes a bluetooth connection to your phone so you can use your phone as a remote and put the geo info in your photo file. However, much to my chagrin, the company behind the Pinout has discontinued it and the necessary app has been removed from the Apple Appstore. And without an app, this device is of no use.

My question to you; does anyone also have a Pinout and would they like to share the app (apple) with me? You guys would do me a huge favor. Thanks in advance,

Mark

Attached Files

Jerry_

Jerry_

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts
  • Country Flag
Hello Mark,

I don’t know your device, neither do I have the app.

However, on a more general consideration and to my understanding, if you have an iPhone and the normal iOS, you will only be able to download apps from the official AppStore - thereby having the app from someone else is not possible.
If you want to download (or get a shared) « other » app you would need to jailbreak your iPhone first (Google for « iPhone jailbreak »). I don’t think that this is worth the risk and effort for this bluetooth device.

On the other hand, if the pinout is just a bluetooth interface you ought to be able to view it in the list of bluetooth devices. If it only requires pairing on your iPhone, then it might be possible (try using codes like 1111 , 11111 , 0000 , 00000 which are very often the standard unless the device generates the code).

If you succeed in creating a bluetooth connection between the camera and iPhone, you might try using f.i. some of the standard software (search the appstore for « Nikon remote »).
Again, to me, this is an experiment without any guarantee of success, so I would not take any expensive app.

If I was in your shoes I would just forget about this device.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: remote control, geotagging