Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Suddenly can't transfer photos to iPhone or Macbook pro

computer transfer

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Panda

Panda

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Country Flag

I have had the same camera (Nikon D7500) and MacBook Pro for many years and have had no problem transferring photos from camera to phone or computer. Suddenly it does not work on the phone with SnapBridge or either an SD card reader attached with a Syntech USB A to C adapter or a direct-connect cable from camera to Mac. Everything I see about this seems like there used to be issues...have they not been resolved? Seems odd that the problem is so sudden. I may need to update camera's firmware (which I can't do since I can't get it to connect to the computer) but it worked a couple weeks ago. I have also sent this to Apple in case it is an issues with Monterey OS, but I put it here because the USB adapter works with other accessories, just no the camera or SD card connector.

Jerry_

Jerry_

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts
  • Country Flag
I suppose, so you didn’t mention it, that you can still browse through and view your photos on the LCD screen of your camera?

To investigate the issue start and focus on the most simple and secure technical solution: using the SD card reader (which works for other SD cards) as it is a standard operation in OSX. Once that works, only check for direct links, etc.

Provided that you can scroll through your pictures on camera and that you can’t view/copy them with the SD card reader, could the SD card be faulty?

Try using a different SD card that you first format in camera, then take some pictures and finally check if you can view/copy them after having inserted the SD card into the SD card reader.

Ron

Ron

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,218 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationMagic City

Please forgive me for possibly stating things that you're already aware of.... or have already tried.

Macs do occasionally need to be restarted. All kinds of weird behavior can often be fixed with a simple restart.

As Jerry mentioned, be sure to check the files in camera and make sure they're viewable there.

Physically check the SD card for damage. Especially the connector pads.

Try another card and be sure to format it in camera.

If possible, try a different SD card reader. Apple makes a  card reader that doesn't require a USB A to C adapter.

--Ron

ml_work

ml_work

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 94 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationAlabama

Do all of the above mentioned and.....

I don't work with Mac, only Windows and restart fixes a lot of things, however a complete shut down works better. Remove the AC power and wait a few minutes to allow motherboard to drain, if it is a laptop and you can remove the battery do that too. With Windows, a update can break things too.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: computer, transfer