Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

no more F mounts being made

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

fallout666

fallout666

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,098 posts
  • Country Flag
  • Locationcfl area of space coast

All Nikon F-mount products are out of production - Nikon Rumors

lightcapture

lightcapture

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 308 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationNC

Sad, but times are changing. Good thing there's plenty pre-owned.

Maybe time to retire my D750, FM2n and all AIS and G F mount lenses. I'll bet it will not bring enough to by a basic Z quality system.

Wayben

Wayben

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 99 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationIowa

Site Supporter

Nikon came out today and squelched that rumor.

Brian

Brian

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 547 posts
  • Country Flag

Maybe they meant that all S-mount products were out of production. Too bad, would like a Nikon D-SP

Ron

Ron

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,218 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationMagic City

Variations of this rumor have been around since Nikon went whole hog mirrorless. And, I suspect that eventually Nikon will stop making lenses for that mount. However, there are still enough F mount users in the world to justify the continuation of at least a few (more profitable) lenses and accessories. But, I would be surprised to see another F mount camera from Nikon.

The comment about this from a Nikon spokesperson was, even without accounting for errors in translation, ambiguous at best. And, Nikon has said officially, that mirrorless is the future. So, it is what it is.

Whether all of this is a good thing or bad thing does, of course, depend on your point of view.

--Ron