Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

D800E

focus shutter release

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

fireinvestigations

fireinvestigations

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Country Flag

I have a D800E, this problem just started. I can take pictures indoors with or without a flash with no problem.

When I go out in daylight the camera focuses but the shutter will not release. I move focus point to get contrast and nothing. I have to focus then shift to manual and the shutter will release. I have reset the camera multiple times with no luck.

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,630 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUppsala, Sweden

Site Supporter

Have you tried shooting with continuous autofocus? This sets the shutter to release priority instead of focus priority. I like to use back button focus with AF-C and exposure lock on shutter half-press as a standard setting.

fireinvestigations

fireinvestigations

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Country Flag

Thanks for the response, I think I have found the problem by accident, I changed cameras to see if it was a lense problem or camera problem. I was having difficulty connecting the Lense, I found the screws were loose on the F-mount. I tightened the screws and the problem went away.

Thanks for any responses.

Bob

Ellinor William

Ellinor William

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts
  • Country Flag

I would suggest check the autofocus & Make sure you are not using a specific shooting mode or settings that may prevent the shutter from releasing.

For example, in some shooting modes like Self-Timer or Mirror Lock-Up, the camera may delay the shutter release or require additional steps before capturing an image. Also, verify that any exposure delay or bracketing settings are disabled.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: focus, shutter release