Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Can't get i-TTL hot shoe flash to Sync?

flash d3200 af-s dx nikkor 18-200mm sync

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

y2ken

y2ken

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Country Flag

Hello, I'm hoping someone can help a rookie out! I have a Nikon D3200 flash with a Af-S DX NIKKOR 18-200MM F/3.5-5-56G ED VRII Lens. I recently purchased a Meike MK320 Speedlite to improve over the built-in camera flash but I can't get it to work! Every flash photo I take appears dark as if no flash was used at all. I can see the flash fire through the lens so I know it's working. I'm not trying to be fancy, I'm using the flashes TTL mode [i-TTL] with the 'Auto' setting on the camera so I thought it would just work, easy-peasy, but I'm very frustrated. Is there some setting I need to change to get it to work? I'd appreciate any help! I should also mention that the built-in flash works fine no matter what setting I'm using; Auto, Aperture Priority, Shutter Priority, etc. 

Ron

Ron

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,255 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationMagic City

I've never owned either the D3200 or the Meike flash, but I would suggest, as a test...

Set the camera on manual

Set your shutter speed to 1/60ths of a second

Set your lens to f/16

Set your flash to TTL

Photograph something in the five to eight foot range

See if you get an image. If that doesn't work, try setting your flash to Auto or Manual and repeat the test.

--Ron

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: flash, d3200, af-s dx nikkor 18-200mm, sync