Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Zf

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,635 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUppsala, Sweden

Site Supporter

Is anyone else waiting for the announcement, whenever it comes, to see if they get things right in this third retro-camera?

It will be interesting to see how much is wishful thinking and how much is reality when we see the final result. 

The Nikon Zf camera could be announced on September 20th - Nikon Rumors

La Bikina

La Bikina

Nikonian

• Moderators
  • 1,206 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationMexican girl in Barcelona Spain

Site Supporter

Zf Seems a camera custom created for you, PeterS.... :huh:

Sure you don't have any contact in Nikon :lol:

La Bikina

La Bikina

Nikonian

• Moderators
  • 1,206 posts
  • Country Flag

Site Supporter

When appear this camera, the collectors will sell the Nikon Df with nice price for sure, good news for me, always I wanted one but second hand prices of that camera always higher than others models in compare. :)

I never knew why Zfc was not FF directly, that was the people wanted from the beginning.

I suppose Peter S is happy, like a child waiting for Santa. ;)

Nikon Zf would be "the camera" for all lovers of old Nikon cameras. If the quality is professional level would be great and $2000 is cool price, with the actual inflation is very good news.

Z8 and Zf same year, would be a critical hit to Sony. B)

Ron

Ron

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 2,261 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationMagic City

Yes, I admit that I'm interested. The Nikon FE/FM series was the one itch I really wanted to scratch. Oh, well, yeah... I had a passing interest in all of the professional F bodies, particularly the F2, but I really wanted an FM. Just never happened. So, I'm tempted... and seeing how nice a job they did on the crop sensor version, I have my hopes.

However, I would not be a bit surprised if those hopes are dashed once again. And, while a nostalgic camera would nice, a camera like a refreshed Z6 would probably be more practical. 

--Ron

Dogbytes

Dogbytes

Forum Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 817 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationCornwall

The Zf rumours sound very promising. I’d love one. I’ve always fancied a black Df to be honest. I don’t think the Zf will affect Df prices though - too different. 

La Bikina

La Bikina

Nikonian

• Moderators
  • 1,206 posts
  • Country Flag

Site Supporter

The Zf rumours sound very promising. I’d love one. I’ve always fancied a black Df to be honest. I don’t think the Zf will affect Df prices though - too different. 

Yes, the cameras are too different but same target of customer... collectors and lovers of the retro, and sometimes the people sell to buy the new one.

If the collectors have the Df, prime reason is FF retro camera, the Zf would be a lot better with only one adaptor they can use all the vintage lens also.

Few collectors will sell I am sure, I expect Df downs the price to $ 500-600 second hand at end of the year or begins of 2024. This camera still expensive in second hand because collectors buy all of them, not common users and rarely sells it.

And only shops sell it at second hand, but I suppose will change if private sellers start to sell them in eBay.

Dogbytes

Dogbytes

Forum Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 817 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationCornwall

Yes, the cameras are too different but same target of customer... collectors and lovers of the retro, and sometimes the people sell to buy the new one.

If the collectors have the Df, prime reason is FF retro camera, the Zf would be a lot better with only one adaptor they can use all the vintage lens also.

Few collectors will sell I am sure, I expect Df downs the price to $ 500-600 second hand at end of the year or begins of 2024. This camera still expensive in second hand because collectors buy all of them, not common users and rarely sells it.

And only shops sell it at second hand, but I suppose will change if private sellers start to sell them in eBay.

I don’t expect the Zf to be able to use screw-drive lenses. That alone would persuade manyDf owners to stick with what they’ve got. 
Personally, I’d be tempted to buy an EF-NZ Adaptor and keep using my Canon lenses!

La Bikina

La Bikina

Nikonian

• Moderators
  • 1,206 posts
  • Country Flag

Site Supporter

Let's wait what happen, but I still think that few months the price of Df will be affected by irruption of Zf.

"The wife factor" small collectors often forced to sell if they want to buy the new ones, Zf it's in the line.

I am lucky that I am a small Mexican woman and very dangerous. :lol:

Screw-drive lenses are not the most important, the old manual lens are the important, and these for sure can use. :rolleyes:

Dogbytes

Dogbytes

Forum Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 817 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationCornwall

Well it’s announced!

Lovely looking, BSI 24mp. AF at -10EV!!! and slightly weatherproofed.

U.K. price - £2300 body only and £2500 with the 40/2

I love it but, like so many things I like, I can’t afford it :D

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • 10,635 posts
  • Country Flag

Site Supporter

SEK 33000 list price in Sweden. Ouch! I had hoped for around 29000 retail.

I wonder what the c setting on the ISO knob does…
No socket for a wired remote, unfortunately.

Dogbytes

Dogbytes

Forum Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 817 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationCornwall

I wonder what the c setting on the ISO knob does…

Auto ISO? Don’t know why it would be marked ‘C’ though

fallout666

fallout666

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 1,098 posts
  • Country Flag
  • Locationcfl area of space coast

here the video about it from nikon USA. if they say what it does. i might pick it up to replace my Z6 and back up for Z9

https://www.youtube....hannel=NikonUSA

also here video on the new 

New Focus-point stabilization for photos

Ron

Ron

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 2,261 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationMagic City

Well, this is.... uh, gosh... almost  what I was hoping for.

B&H has it listed for ...

$1996.95 Body only

$2236.95 w/40mm ƒ/2

$2596.95 w/24-70 ƒ/4

Probably gonna wait awhile and see if they spring a Z6III on us.

--Ron

Dogbytes

Dogbytes

Forum Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 817 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationCornwall

Well, this is.... uh, gosh... almost  what I was hoping for.

B&H has it listed for ...

$1996.95 Body only

$2236.95 w/40mm ƒ/2

$2596.95 w/24-70 ƒ/4

Probably gonna wait awhile and see if they spring a Z6III on us.

--Ron

I don’t think the Z6iii will be far away but I’d still go for the Zf. However, since I can’t afford either, that’s very easy for me to say! :D

• Ron likes this

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • 10,635 posts
  • Country Flag

Site Supporter

here the video about it from nikon USA. if they say what it does. i might pick it up to replace my Z6 and back up for Z9

also here video on the new 

New Focus-point stabilization for photos

Chris, wait until the Z6III is out. It will probably be all that the Zf is, but in a more familiar form factor that suits being a backup for a Z8 or Z8 much better, especially for long lenses. The Zf seems to be perfect for how I like to work, but a Z6 replacement, it isn’t. Just like the FE was to the F2, it is a complement, not a functional replacement.

fallout666

fallout666

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 1,098 posts
  • Country Flag

Chris, wait until the Z6III is out. It will probably be all that the Zf is, but in a more familiar form factor that suits being a backup for a Z8 or Z8 much better, especially for long lenses. The Zf seems to be perfect for how I like to work, but a Z6 replacement, it isn’t. Just like the FE was to the F2, it is a complement, not a functional replacement.

that what i going to do. since Full frame one is SD And micro SD

Ron

Ron

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 2,261 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationMagic City

Nikon is having another product announcement in 5 days. But I think it's a lens. I can't imagine them announcing two cameras within a week of each other with similar specs.

They are also having a refurb sale. A Z9 at $1000US off. D850 and Z7II for $1995US each. Similar prices across the line.

--Ron

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • 10,635 posts
  • Country Flag

Site Supporter

I just preordered mine. Place 7 in the queue at this particular dealer, so probably in the first batch delivered.

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • 10,635 posts
  • Country Flag

Site Supporter

The dealer’s prognosis is for October 12.

fallout666

fallout666

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 1,098 posts
  • Country Flag

Nikon is having another product announcement in 5 days. But I think it's a lens. I can't imagine them announcing two cameras within a week of each other with similar specs.

They are also having a refurb sale. A Z9 at $1000US off. D850 and Z7II for $1995US each. Similar prices across the line.

--Ron

if had the cash would get that Z9 for that price on refurb. also being able to get on to pitch Z9 make how in the hell i am getting these shots. found out how to fix issue to get way better shots at -1 exposure setting on camera to get some great photo. some are one and done other could leave but want the photo's to pop. would like to get Zf but i do mainly sports action photography. so not will not work unless want portraits camera only.

The dealer’s prognosis is for October 12.

i want full review of it and people of this site want one too.