Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

1.8F Shot Tree is dark

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

ml_work

ml_work

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationAlabama

I finally got a Nikon 35 MM lens that will go to 1.8 f-stop. My understanding this will be good for low light indoor shots without flash. Also will allow shots with the background blurred. I was hoping to blur out the power lines and pole with my new lens. There is a fence to cross so I could not get close enough to get the 1 large tree. Figured I cut out the part I wanted after I got the shot. I did manual set of the Aperture to 1.8 , it was about 2 pm, sun was to the left. Using my D5600 shooting in BW.

The tree is black, not what I was hoping for and no blur behind it. Was I too far? If I get permission to go on the property to get closer, what should I set to get a better picture of the tree texture and blur behind it?

ThanksF1.8-Tree.jpg