Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Nikon MB-1 battery door hinge

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

tonyzoc

tonyzoc

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Country Flag
I'm not expecting anyone to know, but I thought I'd ask anyway... Ive got an MB-1 battery for the F2 MD-2 and one of the battery doors came off. There was only one pin holding the door on. I'm guessing the complete part is 2 pins, top and bottom, with a spring between. Something like a watch band pin but longer. I got this for $24 as not working, but it actually does work and came with the 2 AA battery packs. The battery packs alone are worth close to $100 for the pair us bought separately. Does anyone have experience with this repair? Or have any ideas? As is, I can still close the battery door with the one pin, but when I open it, the pin falls out.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Ron

Ron

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,261 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationMagic City

Unfortunately, I have never had the pleasure of using one of these motor drive systems. So, I don't really know much about the battery doors and such. I guess you've already scoured eBay for a replacement.

However, after doing a brief search. I see that KEH Camera has a used MD-2/MB-1 motor drive in ugly condition for $37 or so, plus shipping. Depending on how badly you want to use your motor drive, this may be one option to consider. I would, of course, ask to speak to someone and KEH just to confirm that the part(s) you need are still on the unit they have and are serviceable.

Hope this helps...

--Ron

tonyzoc

tonyzoc

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Country Flag
Well I managed to find 2 MB-1s for $24 plus shipping. One had a broken door so I took the hinge pin out and used it to fix my original mb-1. The 2nd mb-1 worked fine. So I have an extra one now. The hinge pin consists of two pins with a spring between them. All 3 parts slip out the top of the hinge. The bottom only allows the thinner tip post though. So to remove the door, there is a little hole you can push a paper clip into to push the pin down.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
  • Ron likes this