Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Updates

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

CarlyC

CarlyC

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Country Flag

I have just received a Nikon F5 Mirrorless Camera for Christmas and Im new to Nikon. I also received the adaptor and a Sigma 150-600mm lens. I keep getting the message that "cannot shoot because an unsupported lens is attached" I have been trying to do the update for the adaptor but simply cant get it to work. I have followed videos on You Tube and Nikon sites  but it still wont update. Help!!

I also have issues with the camera even taking one picture with the lens that came with the camera. it just flashes green lights all over the screen. Even in Auto mode. 

Im so excited to learn this system but right now Im very frustrated

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,635 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUppsala, Sweden

Site Supporter

Which version of the FTZ do you have? Which version of the 150-600?

CarlyC

CarlyC

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Country Flag
FTZ II

CarlyC

CarlyC

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Country Flag
Sigma is 150-600mm F5-6.3 DG

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,635 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUppsala, Sweden

Site Supporter

There is no firmware update available for the FTZ II. The update file Nikon have on the support site is for the first version.

What firmware is in the camera? Versions before 1.20 doesn’t support the FTZ II.

If it is the camera firmware you have tried to update, did you put the file at the root of the memory card? The camera won’t find it if it is in a folder.

There are two versions of the Sigma 150-600mm F5-6.3 DG, the Contemporary and the Sports. They are, fortunately, both compatible with the FTZ II and Z5.

Your flashing green boxes all over the screen is because you are in one of the Auto area focus modes. I would start out using Single-point AF at first while you get to know the camera, before using the more modern modes.

The easiest way to change AF modes is using the i menu.

lightcapture

lightcapture

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 308 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationNC

I have just received a Nikon F5 Mirrorless Camera for Christmas and Im new to Nikon. I also received the adaptor and a Sigma 150-600mm lens. I keep getting the message that "cannot shoot because an unsupported lens is attached" I have been trying to do the update for the adaptor but simply cant get it to work. I have followed videos on You Tube and Nikon sites  but it still wont update. Help!!

I also have issues with the camera even taking one picture with the lens that came with the camera. it just flashes green lights all over the screen. Even in Auto mode. 

Im so excited to learn this system but right now Im very frustrated

You said Nikon F5 which is a film camera. Do you mean Z5 which is a mirrorless digital camera? If so you should edit your post to correct this to prevent confusion. 

If a Z5 did you get it new? If so you should exchange for another.

If at a local camera store take camera lens, adaptor, and camera in to resolve the issue.

Hopefully it's operator error and not camera issue.

Nikonian forum is also a good place to get technical info from very knowledgeable folks

Forum Lobby | Nikonians