Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Lens advice please

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Grazer1

Grazer1

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Country Flag

Hi,

I am looking at buying either the Tamron 150-600G2 or the Sigma C lens for my D7500.

I have read several reviews but am struggling to really decide which would be best for me. I shall be attending several air shows this year and want to have the lens for that reason.

any tips on which is best….pros and cons etc.

many thanks 

john

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,630 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUppsala, Sweden

Site Supporter

These two are so similar that the sample variation is larger than the overall difference in performance. 

When I got my 150-600, the Tamron G2 wasn’t out yet, so I got the Sigma Sports version. It is a heavy beast, but the weather sealing, build quality, better stabilisation and the fact that it is designed to use as a push-pull as well as a ring-operated zoom made it worth the higher price for me.

Swedish Armed Forces Airshow 2022 - Cars and Machinery - NikonForums.com

Swedish Armed Forces Air Show 2018 - Cars and Machinery - NikonForums.com

Nikonphotographer

Nikonphotographer

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 59 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationSolihull, West Midlands
Apart from Nikon lenses, the only 3rd party lenses I use are Sigma, I've been using them since the late 1970's, I've got the 150-600C lens, which I kept after selling my DSLR'S, it works fine on my Z5 with the FTZ adapter, Grays of Westminster did a comparison on this lens compared to the Nikon (which one I can't remember) on there YouTube channel, they gave it a very good recommendation.

lightcapture

lightcapture

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 308 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationNC

The 150-600 is a highly esteemed long zoom for the money. Pros and advanced amateur photogs on a budget both use it.

fallout666

fallout666

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,098 posts
  • Country Flag
  • Locationcfl area of space coast

well i say sigma since know works right out box for nikon mirrorless. tamron will have to do this to lens 

• SP 150-600mm F/5-6.3 Di VC USD G2 (Model A022): From serial number 035591 or firmware 2.0. but rather see sigma since way better and no issue if go mirrorless. and will not need to get tap in shoe or item use to do firmware updates 

Brian B

Brian B

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationSW Colorado

Site Supporter

One place I go to for info on lenses is Optical Limits. It is my go to resource which has help decide on which lenses to purchased.