Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Confusion

d850 sb5000 wireless remote

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

8men

8men

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationTemecula, CA

Replaced my older strobe with an SB5000 for my D850. I need the wireless unit for the camera to operate the strobe remotely and/or to trigger my camera remotely.

I understood I needed the WR-T10/WR-R10 but they are either out of stock or discontinued. Then there is the WR-R11a, or WR-11b which won't work on the D850 because it needs a10pin connection...and I could go on.

Can someone make sense of this? What works with the D850 and SB5000?

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,589 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUppsala, Sweden

Site Supporter

WR-R11a should be the only unit you need on a D850. Unlike the T10/R10 pair, the R11a is a transceiver, so it can be either transmitter or receiver depending on if you want to use it as a master for your speed light or as a wireless remote for triggering the shutter with a WR-T10 or a WR-1.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: d850, sb5000 wireless remote