Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

P-1000 - Unwanted Menu pops up when hitting the "OK" button to zoom pics on screen

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

dragon49

dragon49

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 116 posts
  • Country Flag

On my Coolpix P1000, when viewing pictures, I hit the "OK" button to be able to zoom, but now, when I do so, the following text is displayed on the screen:

Comment:

Artist:

Copyright:

I don't want this to popup. When can I do to make this go away?

This started happening in the middle of a birding session the other day, so, I'm assuming I accidentally did something to bring it up.

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,588 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUppsala, Sweden

Site Supporter

If it behaves anything like the DSLRs, you view a photo full screen and push the up button or up on the multiselector until the overlay you want is shown. 

dragon49

dragon49

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 116 posts
  • Country Flag

If it behaves anything like the DSLRs, you view a photo full screen and push the up button or up on the multiselector until the overlay you want is shown. 

When I hit the up button, the overlay does go away, but then I am no longer in the right screen to zoom in.  The up button in this situation behaves as a back button, and I am then in normal view mode.  In order to get into zoom mode, I must again hit the "OK" button, which brings up the overlay again.  Doing anything with the multiselector wheel just brings me out of view mode and into normal picture taking mode.  I can get rid of the overlay by moving the zoom toggle on the right, located just past the shutter button.  It's just incredibly annoying to have to see this message all day, and up until last week, it never came up.

Hopefully, Nikon USA support will have a solution.  I submitted a ticket three days ago, but they haven't yet replied.  The below is what I'm taking about:

4RwzP1t.jpg

bluzman

bluzman

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 665 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationNorth Texas

Look at the illustration at the bottom of pg 8 in the section of the manual titled"The Monitor/Viewfinder". Based on what I see there, it looks like you may have inadvertently hit the Display button while playing back some image(s). If I'm right, you should be able, during Playback, to use the Display button to select a different (clear) screen.

dragon49

dragon49

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 116 posts
  • Country Flag

Look at the illustration at the bottom of pg 8 in the section of the manual titled"The Monitor/Viewfinder". Based on what I see there, it looks like you may have inadvertently hit the Display button while playing back some image(s). If I'm right, you should be able, during Playback, to use the Display button to select a different (clear) screen.

That did it.  I just had to hit the display button and cycle through to get back the original view setting.  You should get a job at Nikon USA support, as their reply makes no sense:

"Instead of pressing the "ok" button to zoom in, try pressing the button that looks like a magnifying glass with a "+" sign in it. Let me know if that pop up still appears."  Before checking the forum, I wrote back and asked where that button is, as I can't find it.

Ty

bluzman

bluzman

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 665 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationNorth Texas

Glad I was able to help. I'm just an example of the old adage that says even a blind squirrel finds an acorn once in awhile.

As for the button to which the Nikon support response refers, I don't recall the P1000 having one although all of my current cameras (Nikon & Panasonic) do. IIRC, one uses the P1000's Zoom lever to magnify/shrink images that are being viewed on the LCD.