Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

D2x grips falling off

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

TheCaddyMan99

TheCaddyMan99

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationNew Jersey

I've tried to reglue my grips to my trusty D2x, but they seem to have stretched and become too large to fit, I see a lot of new grip kits on ebay for the D3, but next to nothing for the D2 series. Do you think a D3 grip would fit a D2x? I don't see a lot of documentation out there for the D2x as opposed to the D3, but it seems like the two are very similar, even feel similar in my hands at least

Any advice is appreciated

Ron

Ron

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,261 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationMagic City

Welcome to the Forums!

A quick google search turns up a few EBay and Etsy pages that claim to do this stuff but, of course, I have no idea how good any of their stuff is. If there is a camera repair center near you, they may be your best bet although they might be expensive. I doubt if Nikon still reskins cameras that old but, you might give them a try as well.

Perhaps one of our other members will jump in with some better solutions.

--Ron

La Bikina

La Bikina

Nikonian

• Moderators
  • 1,204 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationMexican girl in Barcelona Spain

Site Supporter

It's quite expensive, the replacements D2 or D3 series. I don't know why....

Sometimes because of its new old material even expensive than a second hand camera, totally nonsense.

Seems are very similar, the replacements from D2 and D3 series, it's totally true.

But in the other hand D2 series second hand now is very low price, my advice is buying a second hand camera with good cosmetic aspect about 150- 250$ easy to find good one and use the old one with no worries about more damage.

Other cheap preventive solution, it's the easycover silicon protector, I use it in my D4, and it's working quite well.

Protect my camera from sweat and temperature, that causes the problems like yours.

I know I reply late, I hope you read it or someone with the same problem read it the easycover I know it's a bit ugly sometimes but really works.

Lupe

https://www.amazon.e...,aps,134&sr=8-3