Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

my kit lens for d7200 18-105 is not able to focus sharp.

18-105 focus not sharp

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

anbujcphotography

anbujcphotography

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Country Flag

I HAVE D 7200 4 YEARS OLD.  

THE KIT LENSE 18-105 LOOS ITS FRICTION.

AND TOOK LONG TIME TO FOCUS.

I WENT TO CHENNAI NIKON AUTHORISED SERVICE CENTRE.

AND GIVE BOTH MY BODY AND LENSE FOR SERVICE.

THEY TOLD THE BODY IS OK ALL OTHER LENSES ARE FOCUSING SHARPLY.

WE SERVICE BOTH BODY AND THE LENSE.

AFTER THE SERVICE I CANT FIX THE PROBLEM.

HELP ME

YOURS

ANBU

ANBUJCPHOTOGRAPHY

Jerry_

Jerry_

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,524 posts
  • Country Flag
Hello Anbu,

Best would be if you could add some pictures with their EXIF data, to best understand what the problem might be.

As you have been going already to the service centre and as the lens has been working fine for you up to a certain moment in time - and assuming it has no mechanical or electronic problem - you could do a first test with comparing the results by focussing in Liveview versus focussing through the Viewfinder (indeed the camera uses two different technologies for the two).

For doing this test, put the camera on a sturdy tripod and choose a flat object which will fill at least half of your picture. If it proves that the result in Liveview is fine, while the same picture taken through the Viewfinder is not, one possible solution can be to use « AF fine tune » to correct for a misalignment of this lens with the camera body.

You can find the AF fine tune option in the Setup menu.
However AF fine tuning needs some setup to be done.
Watch the video here https://youtu.be/LcNmRq0fOv to get an idea of how doing.