Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

SnapBridge or ML-L7 for Coolpix P1000?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Robin Sharman

Robin Sharman

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Country Flag

Hi - New to the Forum today. I live in southern Spain, and am about to receive my birthday present to myself - Coolpix P1000. I'm looking for a good remote control for it - the two best options seem to be SnapBridge and the Nikon ML-L7. Apart from the cost (free as opposed to €55) which is the better option?

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,632 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUppsala, Sweden

Site Supporter

At the moment, this is an easy question as the ML-L7 seems to be on backorder everywhere. SnapBridge is much more stable than it used to be.

Nikonphotographer

Nikonphotographer

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 59 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationSolihull, West Midlands
I've tried both on my Z50, I much prefer, especially when I'm doing nighttime photography, the ML-L7, it's not the easiest accessory to find, but Grays of Westminster in London have stock.

Bluetooth® Remote Control ML-L7 – Grays of Westminster Online Shop

bluzman

bluzman

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 665 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationNorth Texas

I vote for the ML-L7. I got one one for my P1000. Although I later sold the P1000, I kept the ML-L7 because it's compatible with my Z 50. It worked great when I was in BULB mode taking shots of fireworks with the Z 50.