Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

D7000 - considering upgrading to D7500

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

COMattA

COMattA

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Country Flag

Hey all, new to the forum. I have a D7000 and a few lenses and am doing more and more sports photography (volleyball indoor and soccer outdoor) and struggling with getting tack sharp photos. Borrowed a friends camera and was able to get better pictures for volleyball with a similar lens. I think I have good enough lenses to do what I want to do. My gut from reading is the D7000 can struggle with focus and speed for continuous pics. I'm looking to confirm... will upgrading to a D7500 with the faster processor help and is it better at focus (specific for sports)?

Thanks!

Brian

Brian

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 559 posts
  • Country Flag

Check that all of the lenses you use will work with the D7500.

Nikon AF lenses requiring the body to have the AF motor should be fine.

Manual focus lenses that require the "Ai" coupling - will meter with the D7000, I believe the D7500 dropped this.

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,589 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUppsala, Sweden

Site Supporter

Wouldn't it be better to upgrade to a used D500? The D7500 AF system is derived from the D3 system, the D500 has the D5 system. The larger buffer size in the D500 will help a lot for fast-paced sports like volleyball.

Ron

Ron

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 2,255 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationMagic City

I second the D500 suggestion.

--Ron

TBonz

TBonz

Sportz Guy

• Forum Member
  • 3,652 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationOn A Field Somewhere...

Site Supporter

I was going to suggest the D500 as well...I love mine and have shot a fair amount of sports with it...