Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

EN-EL12 Newmowa Replacement Batteries work great!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

dragon49

dragon49

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • Country Flag

The OEM EN-EL12 was out of stock worldwide, so I purchased some of these:

https://www.amazon.c...uct/B07447TDSX/

Great Deal - 1,150 mAh, as opposed to both of my OEM 1,050 En-El12s.  Great battery life and great price.   

So now, I need extra EN-EL20s, but Nikon USA wants $50.95 for just 1 of their out of stock OEMs!  I don't think so!

Nikon EN-EL20a Rechargeable Li-ion Battery Batteries | Nikon

I just bought three of these - 6 batteries and three chargers for the same price:

https://www.amazon.c...uct/B096876B8Q/

The third-party batteries are 1,400 mAh, as opposed to the OEM 1,100,

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,016 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUppsala, Sweden

Site Supporter

I hope they keep working great... BMS system in third-party batteries are often simpler than in the original batteries, letting the charge become more unbalanced before the load balancing starts. This shortens the life of the cells inside the battery.

One thing to be aware of is that the capacity of third-party batteries often are measured with a smaller load than Nikon uses, getting a higher measured capacity as there is less loss to heat under a small load.

dragon49

dragon49

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • Country Flag

I hope they keep working great... BMS system in third-party batteries are often simpler than in the original batteries, letting the charge become more unbalanced before the load balancing starts. This shortens the life of the cells inside the battery.

One thing to be aware of is that the capacity of third-party batteries often are measured with a smaller load than Nikon uses, getting a higher measured capacity as there is less loss to heat under a small load.

Ty - I got them in February, and no problems with battery life or any other problems so far.  Let's hope my Newmowa EN-EL20 replacements are just as reliable.  Unbelievable price difference, as I just purchased 6 batteries and 3 USB chargers for the price of one OEM battery without a charger!!

dragon49

dragon49

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • Country Flag

Marco_61 is a wise man.  I noticed that the OEM EN-EL12 and EN-EL20 batteries take longed to charge (same charger) when fully depleted than the Newmowa equivalents, so basic math and common-sense show that the Newmowa mAh claims are full of crap.  God, I hate marketing departments!  I have the patience I'll time this to figure out the exact difference and post my findings here.

The Newmowa equivalents are still as great deal though.