Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Can't install Picture Control Utility 2.42 in Windows

picture control utility

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Guest_tdoremus_*

Guest_tdoremus_*
  • Guests

I've been repeatedly trying to install PCU 2.42 on a system with PCU 2.1 installed. The installer prompts me for an .msi file in a \Windows\DownloadedFile folder which is in fact there with the current date. But the installer rejects the file and fails to update the installation. I've tried to uninstall the app, but I get the same problem. So I deleted the folder in the Programs folder. I still can't get the @*%! thing installed.

Can anyone help. And why is it so hard?

Ron

Ron

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,261 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationMagic City

I can't find a version 2.42 of the Picture Control Utility. The latest version I see is 2.4.12.

What version of Windows are you using? The latest version only supports Windows 11, 10, and 8.1. Apparently, support for Windows 7 got dropped at some point.

--Ron

Guest_tdoremus_*

Guest_tdoremus_*
  • Guests

I'm using Windows 10 with latest updates. This happens on two machines: a workstation and a laptop.

Ron

Ron

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,261 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationMagic City

If you're using the installer from the link in my first message, and your Windows machine(s) both have factory installed versions of Windows 10, then I don't know.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

--Ron

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: picture control utility