Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Dorr 60mm macro lens F mount

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Butchers

Butchers

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Country Flag

I have a Dorr 60mm macro lens F mount  lens that came with the used D90 and kit that I bought to famliarise myself with DSLR as I thought its a good starting point for not a big outlay.

I have benn using the kit 18-105 zoom lens and its working really well.

The Dorr 60mm macro is manual focus only which I expected, but its the aperture which is worrying me. When its fitted to the body I cannot get the metering to work. The aperture display just flashes with F-- and the shutter will not fire, (I also set the camera body to manual focus).

I am hopefully just making some novice mistake here and any help would be gratefully recieved.

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,635 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUppsala, Sweden

Site Supporter

I am not familiar with the Dörr lenses.

The D90 does not meter with manual lenses without a chip. You have to set the camera to manual exposure   and guess what combination of ISO, shutter speed and aperture you need and then check that you guessed right using the histogram in playback.

Butchers

Butchers

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Country Flag

Thanks for  the reply, So I would have to set the lens apperture manually as well as the focus and set the shutter speed on the camera while in manual mode. I suppose this might be a good way of learning  the way pioneers had to do it.