Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

AF outline guide gone / Nikon D750

autofocus back button focus af focus guide focus point nikon d750

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

paultergeist.be

paultergeist.be

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Country Flag
Hello all, 
I'm new to this forum and hoping you can help solve my problem. First of all, I'm not a native speaker and I'm mainly self-taught (but have been shooting for 10+ years) so I might not know some technical lingo. I'll try to explain as best as I can but please bare with me. 

I shoot gigs and bike races with my Nikon D750 (fx mount). I typically use back button focus for gigs and shutter for bikes. It works great, never had any issues.

Yesterday, I was shooting an event and swapped to my Sigma 8mm lens that's from my old kit, so a dx mount. Not an issue, great shots. But when I switched back to my 24-70 fx lens, I noticed the back button focus was gone. Reset it quickly, but I realised I don't have the outline guide - black lines + a small red square - in my viewfinder I normally move around to pick my focus point. The square is present on the screen but that's too slow for gigs so I use the viewfinder. 

I looked into AF area modes and numbers of focal points, reset my camera to original settings etc but no luck. Spent ages googling but again, no luck. 

Is there a wise person here who knows how I can solve this?

I turned it off and on again, battery out etc. I gave the sensor and mirror a good clean too (post festival bath lol), but still nothing. Is it the heat? Is it because I just shot a 3-day festival last week (no damage to the camera though)? I didn't drop it, I didn't leave it in the sun or anything that could damage it really.

Thanks a lot for your help!

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,589 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUppsala, Sweden

Site Supporter

What are your settings for custom functions a4, a5 and d7? They don't always reset when you do a quick reset.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: autofocus, back button focus, af focus guide, focus point, nikon d750